Part 2

Facing fear

Jungkook walked inside the school, feeling like a knot was forming in his throat at every step he made but he still had no choice but to continue walking through.

He went down the hall and into his classroom, but to his surprise, he did not see her anywhere.

He thought that she must have gotten late, thing that was rare because she usually was never late.

She would always come in time and take her seat quietly. Alone as she always was.

Alone at break period, alone on her way home when he had seen her sometimes and even alone when shopping, as he had pumped to her the previous week at the supermarket, making him get away before she notices him.

He proceeded to get his book out of his bag, thinking she might come later, however, that didn't happen. She didn't come to school, nor that day, nor the day after nor the other, nor for the whole week.

Everyone was fine without her around. No one had even noticed her absence until the teacher would call her name, reminding the classroom of her existence for some mere moments.

However, Jungkook was the one that was always aware of her absence because he had been waiting to face her as he had finally decided to stand tall and go against her for once.

And now that he was so ready, how come she was nowhere to be found?

Jungkook was rather frustrated. He had been accumulating feelings for two weeks that she was missing, till on Monday he saw her again.

He had come to school a little earlier than usual as his father had dropped him off before going to work and Jungkook had gone straight to his classroom, to his surprise finding her seat occupied by its owner.

For a strange reason, he felt an exciting feeling grow inside him as he saw her as if he was happy that she was there and she was okay.

"Good morning." He greeted her only to instantly regret this brave action of his, as she turned her head and looked at him. Her expression being as cold as ever.

He gulped with difficulty as he approached his desk that was in the middle row and pulled out his chair to sit when her voice reached his ears.

"Good morning Kookie." Her response had frozen his body, for the way she referred to him came so unexpectedly.

However, the nickname somehow made him smile as he sat down. It was the first time she had actually talked to him.

Both of them stayed silent for the rest of the minutes that took for other students to fill the classroom, soon going on with the lessons of the day.

After break time he had gym class for today, so Jungkook went and changed, before heading to the gym surrounded by his classmates.

He was laughing and smiling as always when they entered the room, and the teacher instantly gathered them and divided them into teams to play.

The girls were playing volleyball while the boys football, however after her request she was put into the football team, making Jungkook think that she was up to something.

She was on the opposite team from his and she approached him, marking him as the one she was going to block in this game.

Her gaze was strong as she looked at him with a smirk on her lips, challenging Jungkook to do his best. A Thing that he intended to do since he hated losing in games.

The whistle went off and the match started, soon Jungkook getting surprised at how good she actually was at football, but that didn't intimidate him, it made it more interesting and pushed the desire to win against her even more.

This was his chance to show her that he wasn't afraid of her. That he was actually stronger than her and could hurt her if he wanted to. This was the moment to show her how powerful he was. The moment he was about to face his fear.

The fear of showing others what he could turn to when pushed on his last straw.

The match was going well, however, the opposite team had managed to tie the score towards the end, making Jungkook even more eager to get this victory.

The ball finally reached his feet again and he headed towards the opponent's part of the field, smoothly surpassing some of his classmates, till she appeared before him, making him halt the ball for a second.

He looked at her that was panting hard, as she had played really well too till now. A smirk surfaced on his lips as he was determined to pass her.

Once she made her move and tried to take the ball away from him, he made the ball go up, avoiding her foot, and then he purposely stepped on her feet as he passed her by, shoving her unintentionally out of his way, with his body, as he marched forward.

He scored a goal just right before the whistle went off and his team started cheering loudly as they approached him to hug him and congratulate him.

Soon they got surrounded by the girls of the class as they had finished their match earlier and were watching the boys.

Jungkook started feeling shy under all that attention and shower of compliments, however, when he looked around and she came into his sight, his happy moment came to a pause.

She was struggling to get up from the ground and after she managed she couldn't walk properly as she had hurt her foot.

No one was paying attention to her, no one went to help her. She just kept walking towards the exit, barely touching her right foot to the ground.

Once next to the door, she left herself to get supported on the door before throwing her eyes back and catching him staring at her once again.

She smiled before averting her eyes and getting out of the door and his sight.

Jungkook felt a feeling that was pushing him to rush after her and help her at that moment, however, he was surrounded by people and he couldn't make it past the crowd even though he had made some steps towards her already.

Regardless of his physical freeze, a question couldn't help but find its way into his mind and that was non-other but the utter wonder of why did he want to help someone like her? Someone that had never treated him friendly and probably hated him.

Did he... like her?

---To be continued...