Part 4

Who are you?

Jungkook looked at his classmates as he just entered the school, his eyes searching for his friend, that didn't take long to fall on his notice.

He waved at him with a smile on his lips as he approached him with quick steps, feeling happy to see him.

"Good morning Hyung." He greeted him and the slightly taller male smiled at him while placing his hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Good morning my friend. You seem rather happy today. Did something happen while I was absent?" His friend asked him as for the past week he had been absent due to some family issues.

"Not really, I am just glad to see you," Jungkook responded making his Hyung smile again as he ruffled his hair, now walking with him to his classroom.

"I hope that girl didn't bother you again while I was gone?" He asked as he had been rather worried about that fact and knowing Jungkook he knew he would again let her be, even though he had promised him that he would take care of her and resolve things with her once and for all.

" She didn't, she was absent too for a while then.." Jungkook stopped himself not knowing how to explain the things that happened after the moment she returned to school.

Everything was so weird, inside him he was a mess and he was going crazy how the heck he couldn't recall her name yesterday? It was bagging him all night long so he had decided to keep a note of her name today, as the teacher would take the absences.

"Well, she has been quiet. I guess she must have gotten bored with bullying me." He lied to his friend, whose suspicious gaze was on him, making Jungkook a little uncomfortable.

"See you later Hyung." He told him, quickly rushing towards the door of his classroom, wanting to escape any other potential questions his friend may give him.

Once in class, his eyes travelled to her desk immediately, where once again she was sitting looking out the window.

She might have not noticed his presence as she didn't turn to look away from the window not even for a second, ignoring not only him but the other classmates, as well as Jungkook and her, were not the only ones in the classroom at that moment.

The teacher didn't take long to enter the classroom and the students fell quiet, taking their seats but Jungkook was already quiet as all he wanted to do was hear her name.

It was absurd how he couldn't remember it. It didn't make sense. Why couldn't he remember it? He had heard it so many times. It was driving him crazy.

He opened his notebook and took his pen in between his fingers, focusing on the words the teacher was saying as he started reading the names.

He was looking only at his notebook, his ears eagerly awaiting the name that she would respond to. Just a name before hers, his heart started beating faster, as he even remembered the name order yet not her name.

The teacher spoke up and his hand moved writing messily her name on the clear page of his notebook, her voice following after. "Present"

His eyes darted at her as she spoke then returned quickly to his notebook, only for him to face a clean white page as if nothing had ever been written in it.

His eyes kept looking astonished at the name that he had just written there, but it was no more. He started searching in his memory for the name he had just heard and even though the familiar sound of it would exist faintly in his mind, he couldn't form it into words. He couldn't utter her name. And as the seconds passed he was left with the same feeling as yesterday. The feeling that he knew it but he couldn't recall it.

His heart started beating faster and faster as this made no sense, he turned his gaze at her and stared with wide eyes, as if he had just found out something about her that was unbelievable.

It didn't take long for her to catch his gaze however he was too shocked to turn away so he kept staring at her till her gaze from indifferent turned angry.

"What are you staring at?! You wanna get punched?" She yelled at him, causing attention of the whole classroom to turn on them.

"What is going on there?" The teacher interfered immediately, approaching Jungkook's desk, which had yet to tear his eyes away from her.

"Jeon Jungkook, turn around, and look ahead." He heard the voice of his teacher telling him, however, he didn't move as he just couldn't.

His mind had gone blank, his thoughts were a mess, everything was surrounded by her at that moment and he just couldn't look away.

" Jungkook. I said turn around." The teacher said again but his voice was almost faint in Jungkook's ears as if the teacher was standing so far away from him.

She suddenly got up from her chair and approached him, grabbing him by his collar and shoving him on the ground, to everyone's surprise, even his that had woken up after he came in contact with the floor.

He looked up at her, that positioned herself above him and grabbed his collar again, her one hand swinging up before crushing on his face with force.

He closed his eyes at the painful contact, as she had just punched him and when he opened his eyes again he saw her ready to give him another one but somehow she hesitated, as she met his eyes that were just looking at her.

It was irritating that all he was doing was staring, that he didn't show any hate towards her, or that he never even tried to resist.

It was irritating that she had never managed to get a reaction out of him and her time was running out.

"Enough! You two, detention!" Jungkook heard his teacher's voice yell as he grabbed her and pulled her away from him, her angry eyes still on him, as she didn't make any resistance to the teacher's touch.

"Dare to look at me one more time! And I swear, I will kill you." She told him before pulling her arm abruptly out of the teacher's grip and heading to her desk, grabbing her bag and getting out of the classroom, her exit accompanied by a loud thud of the door.

The teacher offered a helping hand to Jungkook after she left and he silently took it before getting his stuff and going out as well, heading to the principal's office as she might have gone as well since they had taken detention.

It was the first time that he had taken detention and he should feel worried about it but all Jungkook could think was still one thing.

Who was she?

---To be continued...