Part 5

Awakening

Jungkook had never been in detention before, and somehow being in that room made him uneasy.

Perhaps at fault was the scary silence that was in the room, perhaps it was the fact that he was alone with her in that room. Or maybe it was cause he was terrified of what had happened earlier.

How could something disappear just like that? He was sure he had written it down and yet here he was, with a clean page and a mind that frustratingly enough didn't remember her name.

"Hey." He spoke up, hesitantly turning his head her way, while keeping his eyes on the floor, recalling her words to never look at her again or she would kill him.

It wasn't that he was scared, he just didn't want to make her angry.

"Did someone tell you that you are allowed to talk to me? I don't think so." She abruptly responded to him, not sparing him a glance.

"Can you tell me what's your name?" He chose to ignore her words and asked her anyways, even though what he asked might look like a joke to her. He should have known her name by now.

Maybe making this question could even be offensive to her but to his surprise, her gaze wasn't angered or mad. All he saw on her face was a surprise as if she wasn't expecting his question and it was normal of her to not expect it. However not because of the reason Jungkook was thinking.

"Stop joking and don't talk to me!" She sternly told him, returning her gaze again to the front, where there was only the blackboard as the teacher that was supposed to look after them had some minutes that had left them alone, attending to a phone call.

Jungkook however was restless and truly wasn't joking. He wanted to know what was wrong with him, was he hallucinating? Was he the only one that couldn't remember her name? Was she even real?

He stood up from his seat and walked up to hers, stopping right in front of her desk and placing his hands on it before leaning closer to her face, his eyes locking with hers.

She retrieved herself at his unexpected action, looking at him with confusion.

"What do you think you are doing?" She told him, raising an eyebrow at his bravery that was ticking her off.

"Answer me? Who are you?" He confidently asked her and then observed her face, as she grew nervous, swallowing her saliva with difficulty.

It was the first time that Jungkook was seeing her like this, it almost felt like he had cornered her. That thought however disappeared as her lips curved upwards.

"I am human. Can't you see?" She responded before placing her hands on his chest and shoving him away with force.

She got up and approached him, her hands grabbing on his collar again, pulling him closer to her face.
Her eyes were dead as she looked at him.

" Get yourself together or soon your family might gather your bones with a spoon." She threatened him, her voice low as a whisper, making his heart beat faster.

Somehow he didn't care much about the threatening words that left her lips but all he was thinking about were her lips themselves.

She shoved him away before grabbing her bag and heading towards the door.

"You have detention, you can't leave!" He reminded her and she looked past her shoulder at him with a smirk.

"I am already in detention, one more detention from leaving detention doesn't matter. Besides everything is better than being with you." Her words somehow saddened his heart as she walked away without sparing him a second glance. 

It was obvious she disliked him but unfortunately for her, Jungkook was now determined to get more involved with her.

Not because he wanted to anger her or anything along those lines, he just couldn't help but be curious.

And to solve this curiosity of his he had to start by solving his first question. Was he crazy or not?

He grabbed his bag and left the room, thinking that even if he was to take a punishment again, she would be with him and even though he knew that she would mind that, he didn't care.

He paced down the hallway and reached the stairs, going to the fourth floor where his friend's class was. Once he arrived he approached the door hesitantly, knowing that he had a lesson going on.

He waved at him once he noticed him by the door and he soon excused himself to his teacher, getting out of the classroom for a moment.

"Jungkook, why aren't you in your class?" He asked him immediately after he came to him, worried if something had happened to him.

"I will tell you later Hyung, now I need your help with something." He told him, making the older male look at him in wonder.

"Do you know what is the name of the girl that bullies me?" He asked him and his friend gave a silly chuckle as if that was a stupid question cause he of course knew.

"What are you even talking about? Her name is.." He stopped as he suddenly couldn't recall it, even though he was sure that he knew it just a minute ago.

"The heck!! I have it on the tip of my tongue " He exclaimed in frustration while rubbing the back of his neck.

Jungkook looked quite at him realizing that he wasn't wrong. Something was up with her and he wasn't the crazy one.

"Thank you, Hyung. See you later." He patted his Hyung's shoulder before running away, looking for her.

Now she couldn't avoid him so easily, she couldn't play it off like a joke, cause he wasn't the only one that couldn't recall her name.

He looked all around the school for her but she was nowhere to be found, however, she couldn't have left the school grounds completely because they had two more hours of class.

But then he thought that she probably wouldn't care about that so she might have actually left.

He started running again, panting as he got to the school's gate and turned left, heading down the direction he went to yesterday with her, hoping to find her on his way or catch up with her at the metro station.

To his bad luck though, he didn't meet her anywhere, so he just stood to rest at the metro station, a little disappointed as well as tired.

But more of all he was full of questions about her and the feelings that she was waking inside him, with no apparent reason.

Have we perhaps... Met before?

---To be continued.....