OC: Teddy

Full name: Teddy Hemlock

Main alias/nickname: Ted

Other nicknames: Teddy Bear, Ted-Bear, Tedibea (only her father calls her this, it's Japanese for Teddy Bear-)

Age: 15, unless scenario suggests otherwise

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Panromantic asexual

Appearance: Slightly wavy, waist-length dark-brown hair, wide amber-orange eyes, lightly-tanned skin, about 5'1 in height, skinny.

Clothing: Prefers warm clothing, though she sometimes wear singlets and shorts. Her signature outfit consists of a purple bodysuit, black formal pants, purple boots with a white fur lining, white lab coat with three-quarter sleeves and a navy blue beanie. (photo above)

Personality: Teddy can be rather shy when you meet her at first, though this is only because she is wary of most people due to their lack of trust. Once you get to know her, however, she's more bright and bubbly than ever! She adores hanging out with her close friends when she has the chance, and also love challenges. Her humour mostly consists of sarcasm and the occasional pun or 'dad joke', and she is reasonably easy to make laugh. It's not so often you'll see her break down into tears unless you're close enough to her relationshipwise, but she can become easily frustrated depending on the task at hand. She is also very imaginative and often zones out when thinking about ideas which come to mind.

Likes: Teddy thinks very highly of her father, Kieran, mostly because he had to look after her alone for a long time while either studying or looking after the sanctuary, and always kept his child as a top priority. She also looks up to him in terms of his aspiration; his original plan was to become a professor studying egg cycles and newborn Pokémon development, and he still does this alongside working at the sanctuary by offering to claim eggs that Pokémon trainers didn't want from the nurseries. Teddy loves to help Kieran look after and foster Pokémon, and has loved doing so since she helped him hatch his first Pokémon. Alongside this, she also adores exploring and adventure; ever since she was little she always strived to travel the world and eventually become a Pokémon Performer specialising in music.

Dislikes: Teddy incredibly hates people who are notorious for attempting to steal Pokémon or ruin other people's lives, though her most hated team is Team Rocket for a very special reason (although they have made friends with one member, which is James). She is also a massive people pleaser, so she is scared to receive rejection and criticism.

Crush: Cheren

BACKSTORY (OPTIONAL)
• Teddy was born in the Kanto region, though she was raised for the first five years of her life in the Sinnoh region, in Twinleaf Town. A couple years after Teddy had been born, her mother and father had a horrific argument. This soon led to their divorce, and the mother left for Kanto to join Team Rocket as a scientist while Kieran, her father, raised her alongside his studies to become a specialist in Pokémon behaviours, as well as Pokémon care and nursing.
• Not too long after Teddy's fourth birthday she and Kieran started travelling throughout the regions of the world, eventually settling in the Unova region in Striaton City for another six years (by this point Teddy is already five). While her father studied under Professor Juniper's watch Teddy attended the trainer school in the city.
• Several months after Teddy's eleventh birthday Chairman Rose contacted Kieran, seeking interest in building a Pokémon nursing facility in Galar for the wild area Pokémon as well as abused, disabled and orphaned Pokémon. Kieran agreed to run the establishment temporarily, and he and Teddy moved to the Galar region not long after the call.
• Not long after Teddy's fourteenth birthday she moved back to the Unova region to study under Professor Juniper, assuming to become a professor in Pokémon disabilities and psychological trauma. She now resides in Aspertia City and frequently meets with both Bianca and Cheren, also keeping in contact with Kieran.
• During her time exploring the world of Pokemon she befriended many people, though the most notable are Barry (her childhood best friend from Sinnoh), Blue (whom she met in Kanto), the trio of Hilda, Cheren and Bianca (who she met while at the trainer school in Unova; she also grew a steady crush on Cheren) and the Galar brothers Leon and Hop (who she met not long after moving into Galar).

Specialised types (up to three): Normal

POKEMON TEAM
--------------------
Teddy does have an official Pokémon team for the gym challenge, however the list below includes her official Pokémon and some of the main nursery Pokémon since the nursery Pokémon are very important to her from her days in Galar.
--------------------
HONEY (pet only): Honey is a shiny female Stufful which Teddy helped hatch from an egg with Kieran, and was also the first Pokémon Teddy ever encountered which wasn't previously owned by her father. The two quickly formed a bond, and Teddy would take Honey for walks all over the wild area in their free time. After a nasty encounter with a wild Grimmsnarl left no choice but to amputate Honey's right front leg, Teddy vowed to never let Honey out of her sight ever again, and always blamed herself for that fateful day.
--------------------
ECHO: Echo is a male Noivern with very sensitive hearing, which had been caused by loud noises used by his previous owner to abuse him. Kieran had rescued him from the wild area when he witnessed his owner throw him out, and kept him in a silent room (similar to the anechoic chamber at Orfield Laboratories IRL) to minimise his suffering as he slowly recovered. Teddy was his main caregiver, and the Noivern developed an attachment to her in that regard. Once he fully recovered Teddy officially added him to her main Pokémon team.
--------------------
CYNDER: Cynder is a female Volcarona which Teddy looked after as a Larvesta back when she lived in the Unova region as a child. Cynder's eyesight is very poor due to developing cataracts early on, so Teddy taught her how to use vibrations and echolocation for movement and battle.
--------------------
HEDWIG: Hedwig is a female Decidueye Teddy hatched from an egg not long after receiving Honey, from the same batch of eggs that Kieran had brought back from the Alola region. She is the only Pokémon Teddy has which does not have any known disability.
--------------------
BOREALIS: Borealis is a male Aurorus, another Pokémon Kieran had rescued from the Crown Tundra and another Teddy looked after. He had been rescued from a particularly nasty group of poachers which had attempted to kill him for his beautiful fin crests, which left them very tattered and torn. Once he recovered Teddy also took him into her full team of six.
--------------------
SYLVIE: Sylvie is a female Sylveon which Teddy looked after as an Eevee, having rescued her after being abandoned by its mother for being the runt of the litter. Sylvie is significantly smaller than normal Sylveon due to dwarfism, though Teddy took her in and loved her all the same.
--------------------
DONNIE: Donnie is a male East Sea Gastrodon Teddy rescued as a Shellos when she found it badly tangled in a net in a small pond near the Dusty Bowl. By untangling Donnie from the net she saved his life, since the net was mostly tangled around his throat and caused him to suffer from asphyxiation. It unfortunately damaged his vocal chords so he cannot perform his normal cry, so he communicates through gurgles and wiggles.
--------------------
DIZZY (nursery): Dizzy is a female Sobble born with a neurological disorder which effects her ability to walk. Her falls tend to be from either tripping over her own feet, spinning wildly at random intervals or even just from losing balance while standing still. This doesn't effect her energetic mood however; she can sometimes be seen bouncing around her fellow Sobble happily, despite falling almost every time.
--------------------
PERCIVAL (nursery): Percival is a male Corviknight, and while he isn't part of the nursery itself he acts as a lookout for any intruders, as nobody other than Kieran, Teddy, their Pokémon and anyone the two humans invite over is allowed on the premises. He was raised from an egg that Kieran hatched not too long after he moved to the region, and trained him specifically to defend the nursery and the Pokémon in it.
--------------------
BO (nursery): Bo is a female Wooloo who Teddy had found while on a walk with Honey once. Bo was diagnosed with PTSD as she would occasionally tear at her wool anxiously, though neither Kieran nor Teddy know why. Teddy always makes sure to give Bo some cuddles every now and then, which she always enjoys.
--------------------
GASTRA (nursery): Gastra is a female Eastern Sea Gastrodon who belongs to Kieran, and follows him and Teddy around the nursery occasionally to carry Pokémon from one area to another. She does suffer from old age as she's a particularly old Gastrodon, having been with her owner since he was 13, but doesn't struggle to keep her fellow Pokémon happy.