Chapter Six

ROSE

I'd somehow found myself away from Lucas and Ethan, I told them I wanted to grab something from my locker but they were so lost in conversation that they continued walking leaving me on my own. I should have been annoyed but it was obvious both Ethan and Lucas were blind to see the other one crushing on them; I would get them together one day.

Opening my locker after the third attempt I root through trying to find my biology book, and just as I go to pull it out I feel someone come up behind me and slam me into the locker. I swear loudly and whoever slammed me into my locker grabs me by the collar and turns me around to face them. Some tall blonde guy I'd never seen before in my life glares at me.

"How dare you be rude to my girlfriend you bitch."

"I don't even know who you are, let alone who the hell your girlfriend is."

I struggle against his grip but it was tight and now he looked even more pissed off.

"I'm going to teach you a lesson bitch, one you won't forget."

My eyes widen as he pulls his fist back and clenches it like he was going to punch me. Oh, crap he was going to beat me up for doing nothing wrong.

"Oi mate get your filthy hands off of her before I break them."

The new person grabs the guy holding me and yanks him off me before flinging him against the row of lockers on the other side of the corridor. The blonde guy clumsily gets to his feet looking scared out of his mind before taking off down the corridor with his tail between his legs and I can't help but laugh.

"Thanks for helping me err—"

"You can call me Oli lovely lady."

Damn Kyle was smooth. He gave me a little bow before taking my hand and kisses it like gentleman did in all the old romantic movies. He was very attractive there was no doubting it and when he looked at me I felt my cheeks blush, I wasn't use to getting the attention of anyone.

"Kyle do you think you can tell me where the Biology room is? I kind of lost my guide."

He takes my class schedule and glances over it before grinning.

"We have Biology together Rose so I'll show you the way."

He offers me his arm and I don't hesitate to loop my arm through his, I couldn't pinpoint why or what but I felt comfortable and safe around Kyle and I'd only just met him. Maybe it was the way he naturally oozed charm, but something inside of me felt drawn to him and I'd like to know what and why.

As we enter the science room I still have my arm linked with Kyle's and like our presence was a beacon everyone in the class stopped their conversations and stared at us like we were an exhibit on display. It made me feel very insecure and I found myself moving closer to Kyle as he led me towards the back of the classroom.

"Why are they staring at us Kyle?" I whisper.

"People are strange Rose, now here have a seat next to Lee. He's one of my friends and doesn't bite much."

Kyle sniggers at the last part and I notice his attention was on two boys sat on the same table as Ethan who tensed, had they heard what Kyle said? No that was impossible. I sit down next to Lee who smiles warmly at me before stretching out his hand.

"Hi Rose I'm Lee, but you already knew that because Kyle already introduced me."

I shake his hand, he seemed harmless enough. I then motion to the two guys still staring at our table even though the rest of the class had grown bored of us.