Chapter 1 | Angelic Ambitions

Part 1 | Angels & Demons

Laughs and giggles were the sound to be heard in that small playground in Paris as kids tumbled and swung. Some where clapping their hands, some were just sitting doing and doing exactly nothing, that was the case for the boy who was always sitting at the nearby bench, due to religious beliefs, kids would want to move away from ' The demon,' a title he gained after having an hourglass symbol on his eye, one of the five eyes of the pentagram, a feature that was also carried by the legendary fallen angel – Eidzriean Azrael. Though even having this eye, he didn't know what to do with it or what it was for. For this, he always distanced himself from the other kids, believing he was a demon, but inside he was really a soft person who wanted nothing but friends and to socialize with the other people of the society, but due to the 'problems' he was facing, he was forbidden to do so.

A little girl approached him and waved, " Why do you look so sad?" the little girl asked. Though, the lonely boy – Marseille de Vera didn't notice the little girl and just walked away. He was a demonic being in appearance due to some features he had, but in truth he served the church with all he had and helped the priest – Father Leo, with works that had to be done inside the holy court. He was an orphan living in the architectural magnificence of Saint-Augustin, in Paris.

Marseille walked back into the church and went to his room, he knows he shouldn't hold a conversation with other people. The priests were strict on him but he had no choice but to obey for they were the only people he could count on now in his days of suffering. He would spend the rest of his week on his bed crying and blaming God for why he had that eye that destroyed his life.

As he slept, an angel appeared in his dreams, telling him to, " Go to the cathedral of Notre Dame and enter the basement, there you will find a well that will take you to your home."

The next day he woke up and already prepared himself, carrying his sling bag, while still wearing his ragged clothes that the priests had given him.

" Oh, where art thou going?" asked the French Priest upon meeting with Marseille.

" to Notre Dame, father," he replied.

" Ah, I see... don't come late boy!" exclaimed the priest after Marseille quickly dashed away into the streets of Paris. The brick road was filled with people, mostly aristocrats at that time who had the riches and wealth and the commoners who mostly had nothing. Marseille continued running on the brick road but was suddenly hit by a passerby who was wearing black robes so he thought that it was just a monk passing by. He walked towards the person that had fallen on the road and held his hands, before looking at Marseille who suddenly got him all wondering. A man with a demonic face, now that was no monk at all, especially that unique feature. He had the eye of Hades, but Marseille wasn't able to confirm the monk's identity who suddenly vanished after he rubbed his eyes, but before the monk vanished, Marseille heard a small voice whispering to his ear,

" It's you..."

" Me?" Marseille asked himself, only to realized he was surrounded by a lot of people who now thinks he was some crazy and delusional kid, but after he lifted his head to look at the crowd, they suddenly dispersed after they saw his 'eye.' Starting some murmurs soon after.

" It's the demonic reincarnation..."

" It's the demon kid..."

Marseille couldn't bare to listen anymore to any of their nonsense and so he ran and pushed the crowd aside. He continued to run along the brick road surrounded by houses and buildings. Tears flowed from his eyes but he smiled as he continued to run.