Chapter 3 | Bloody Revolution

8 years ago...

Saint-Augustin's Retreat, Paris

On the seats in the church sat Marseille and Father Leo looking at the holy sculpture of Christ that was in the middle of all the architectural beauty of the holy structure - it was a magnificent creation that stood there since a long time ago.

" Tell me father, what is God doing right this very moment?" asked Marseille, as if he was a child asking a question to his parents. Asking while looking straightforward at the statue and his hands still clasped.

" No one knows for sure what the Father almighty must be doing right now. All you need to know is that he loves us, for that he gave his only begotten son – Jesus Christ," replied the priest. They both continued their personal prayer towards their beliefs.

August, 1789

Paris, France

" Now listen clearly, because the last time I told you to fetch me cabbage, you brought me garbage," reminded Sister Amy, carrying a piece of paper by the grasp of his hand.

" Ugh, can you say it a little closer to my left ear? I really can't hear from the left," said Marseille, scratching his head continuously and forcibly smiling.

" Don't mind that now, just bring this paper and get a move on!" yelled the nun.

Marseille quickly dashed off into the streets of Paris and walked the busy road. Along the way, he had some problems due to a huge number of mobs in the street protesting against the French monarchy.

" Oh no..." mumbled Marseille, quickly taking a detour, hoping to find another way towards the public market. As he went on, still having a difficulty on finding the correct route. He began to lose hope and stopped for a while, breathing heavily. His stamina was nearly dried out, the streets of Paris were too big for a teenager like him, and now the revolution has given him more problem.

" Such an annoying crowd, now how will I ever get the ingredients that Sister Amy told me to get?!" yelled Marseille, he suddenly realized that he spoke his thoughts too loud just after the number of crowds faced towards him.

" Do you have any problem kid? Don't tell me you're with the royalists?" asked one of the protesters.

" No, I..." spoke Marseille, but it was much too late as the crowd began a chain reaction of passing that message from one person to another.

" Oh my God! It's the demon!" whispered a lady.

Marseille lowered his head down, he felt a surge of anger flowing through his body. His head seemed like as it was boiling along every second that passed with the crowd's murmuring that seemed like bubbles popping.

" Stop it..." whispered Marseille, as his surge of anger continued, his right eye began to move. The hourglass symbol that was thought to stay the same soon began to make actions, slowly it spun like the ticking of the hands on a clock. He showed a smirk which resembled the demonic face that was Eidzriean Azrael's iconic smile.

He slowly rose his head as hatred took over himself, he was losing control every second. But before he could at them, someone who seemed to be wearing the clothes of an aristocrat quickly took his hands and pulled him towards the other direction, walking towards the next district forcibly. As the character took him, he began to regain consciousness.

" Hey! Let me go!" cried Marseille who was now surprised, though the man continued to pull him until such place where they were no people around. " I said let me go!" pulling his arm away from the man's grasp.