Chapter 4 | World of Angels

Notre Dame, Paris

" What's the realm called again?" asked Marseille. " Arsedia? Eradia? Exclavia?"

" Arcadia – the realm of the angels; a beautiful world really," replied Joachim.

" Hey! Why do I have to go first?" asked Marseille, who was seemingly shaking to fear upon looking at the deep waters of the well.

" Why indeed?" replied Joachim. " I can't trust you, the last time you didn't even enter the well."

" How did you know?" continuingly asked Marseille, whose face was in surprise.

" Will you just enter the well, please?" begged Joachim, seemingly growing tired of waiting. " I'm not so dense as to not knowing why you're prolonging this conversation you coward."

" Fine, I'm gonna enter the well," said Marseille, slowly walking towards the well and watching his reflection. He stood there for long, still wondering whether should he dive or should he not. His body seemed to stiffen as he grew near the well. Marseille looked back at Joachim who was yawning at the moment. He looked back into the reflection, still unsure whether he should or not, then suddenly he was sent flying inside the well and created a huge splash, Joachim had kicked him.

Marseille closed his eyes and went shouting which was just a bunch of bubbles bubbling out of his mouth as he fell into the water. He thought it was already the end, until suddenly he found himself falling above the clouds. He continued to shout as he looked down below, seeing that it was a deep fall he started praying.

" What are you doing?" asked a manly voice.

Marseille opened his eyes to see Joachim who was beside him, wearing an armour that shone so bright and looked like it wasn't gonna break soon. Magnificent wings flapped behind him, making him float above the skies, his appearance was much different from what he looked like minutes ago.

" Help me! I'm falling!" cried Marseille in agony, he continued to close his eyes as if he was a hopeless person.

" Hey, open your eyes!" said Joachim.

Marseille opened his eyes to realize that he was, unbelievably floating in the clouds. He looked back to see wings just as magnificent as Joachim flapping in the air freely. He looked at his body; wearing what seemed to be an academy uniform in a dye of white.

" Why am I wearing this?" asked Marseille. " What are these for?"

" Why indeed? Didn't I tell you, you're gonna learn the ways of being an angel." replied Joachim. " Did you think that I was the one that was gonna teach you all those things? I'm no teacher Marseille. Only the professors will be able to tell you that."

" Oh, so where's the academy now? All I can see are clouds, but there's no sun... still it's bright-" said Marseille, while looking around at the surroundings. But before he could finish his sentence he saw Joachim whose wings have folded, he was falling quickly.

" Oh come on," Marseille said before also folding his wings and letting himself fall from the sky. He closed his eyes and waited for a certain time before he would finally open both his eyes and wings. Then he fell as if he just passed the clouds and the brightness grew dimmer 'tis the when he opened his eyes and wings to see a huge metropolis atop a mountain filled with angels and bright lights. The infrastructure of the city far eclipsed the human realm's.

" Welcome to La Divinopolis, The City of Angels." said Joachim. " Beautiful isn't it?"

" Very much, and so peaceful. I wish Paris could be like this, no war." said Marseille, looking at the city all around. He was very much interested in the city basing on his expression.