Chapter 2 - Girls Night

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters. If I did it would be Elejah from the start.

A/N: Thank you for taking an interest in this book. I'm happy to see that people are still following and reading my stories. I've been absent from the writing world, I think it's been 3 years. I'm trying to get back into it again. I haven't finished this story, bits and pieces have been written, so bare with me as I get into the knack of writing again 😁

——————————————————————————————————

Finally, the busy week was over. She was getting more shifts at work and she'd even covered for a few people. The hospital had definitely been taking it easy on her because now she had shifts coming from every where, but she loved it. She loved being a nurse, some patients were horrible but it was a balance, they were either in pain or drugged up which results in them acting out. Or in some cases they are rude by nature. But generally she just loved the feeling of helping someone.

With all the new shifts that she had been getting, she hadn't seen her two best friends. So they decided that an evening during the week was a perfect time to catch up. Caroline had brought the drinks, Bonnie was supposed to pick up the food on the way to Elena's, and obviously Elena was providing the location and entertainment.

Elena got everything ready, pillows and comforters were laid out on the floor. She had used everything available in her closet to provide a padded 'bed' to fit three grown women. They may have gotten older but they still loved their slumber parties, which of course included boy talk, gossip, hopes and dreams and lastly sleeping beside each other like they did in kindergarten. It was a comfort to each of them, they relied on each other from a young age.

Elena was adopted by the Gilberts when she four years old, her birth father John couldn't cope once his wife Isobel died of an overdose. His last fatherly act was to give her to people who could take care of her, those being his brother Grayson and his wife Miranda. They took her in and from there she befriended the girl next door and the sheriffs daughter. It wasn't until high school that Elena received the devastating news that her adoptive parents were in a fatal car accident. Elena and her brother Jeremy were taken in by their aunt Jenna, even though she was barely out of college herself.

Caroline didn't have the same tragic story, but her father died just before reaching her teenage years, she took his death quite hard due their close relationship and with her mother being the sheriff of the town, Caroline spent more time around the Bennetts and the Gilberts than her own home.

Bonnie on the other hand grew up with her Grandmother (Grams). Her mother left Bonnie in her grams care for the afternoon and never returned, as for her father...well she didn't know. Apparently he left before she was born. Either he didn't know or he knew and wished he didn't. Either way her Grams was the only parent she had ever known.

The three girls from Mystic Falls, Virginia all shared some childhood difficulty and this led them too relying on each other. They were best friends. They got through almost everything together and nothing had change that in the twenty years they'd known each other.

"Knock Knock" Bonnie's voice sounded through the door, Elena opened the door quickly and helped her best friend with the bags of Chinese.

"I'm starving, this smells sooo good! I hope Care gets here soon otherwise I'm going to eat hers too" Elena took out the containers and divided them up on the table.

"Not if I get there first. All I had for lunch was a granola bar because Damon stayed over and ate all my food. I swear that man never stops eating and whats worst is I don't know where he puts it all." Both girls laughed together knowing that the statement was true. Damon was fit and slim, yet he eats like he's starved.

Caroline walked into Elena's apartment knowing that she was a little late. In her hands she carried two bottles of wine, and a bag of clothes. She dumped the clothes by the door and slumped down onto the sofa. After a big sigh she said "Hey"

"You alright Care?" Elena asked while removing the wine bottles from her hands. Bonnie got up to get some glasses and sat back down waiting for her blonde friends reply.

"Yes, I just have the bridezilla from hell. She decided everything months ago, she calls up today and changes most of it. The flowers aren't the right colours, the menu needs to be Vegan now. Apparently shes on a new diet plan. She fell out with one of her bridesmaids, so now she needs to rearrange it all and get a new bridesmaid dress, and the list goes on." Caroline huffed in aggravation.

Bonnie quickly opened the first bottle of wine and poured it into the glass, she placed it in Caroline's hands and told her to drink up because she sounded like she needed it.

"Anyway, what's going on with you two?" A little bit of wine and Caroline's shoulders finally relaxed and the stress just rolled right off of her.

"Erm...well...last night Damon...sort of...asked me to move in with him." Bonnie was shy and nervous at first but once she saw the elated faces of her best friends she smiled.

"That's fantastic Bon, you've been together a while and he really loves you" Elena was quick to reassure her friend.

"Are you going to look at a place together or move into his apartment." Caroline asked afterwards.

"We are going to find somewhere together. Stefan and Lexi are going to live in the apartment above the bar. Damon thought it would be better if we lived somewhere more central. Close enough to the bar, but not too far from my work and I think he wants to give his brother some space." Bonnie explained while eating her spring roll.

"Well when you do find a place, I'll help you move" Elena offered while taking a sip of her wine.

"Yeah me too. Now that just leaves 'lena, anything new going on with you?" The blonde asked.

"Well...you know that guy I told you about?.." When she received their nods she continued. "Well it looks like he's taken, but I'm not sure. I keep getting mixed signals. One minute were flirting, talking and glancing at each other from the other side of the room and then silence. Nothing. I'm not sure what's going on, but he is so hot!" Elena explained.

"Hot guy drama, typical. You should just ask him out. Why wait for him, at least then you would know if he is taken or not." Bonnie replied quickly, with Caroline nodding in agreement.

Elena wasn't sure about the idea. She did like Dr. Mikaelson, or Elijah as he'd asked her to call him. Just one look from him gave her butterflies, and made her lose all rational thought, but she didn't want to complicate things if he was already dating someone. Maybe he was just a very friendly person and she got the signals wrong. Either way she was going to wait a little while longer, she wanted to get to know him more.

The three girls finished all the food and wine. Boys had been talked about and now they were watching Supernatural on Netflix, each of them fawning over a character from the TV show. Eventually they would make their way to the floor for some well deserved sleep.

——————————————————————————————————

A/N: I know, no Elijah! But he does appear in the next one. I will warn you after reading back on this, it does seem a little rushed, but seeing as these parts are written and I'm too lazy to go back and write more, I'm keeping it as it is lol. You'll understand what I mean in a few chapters. Anyway I hope you like it.