cherry wine.

"the blood is rare, and sweet as cherry wine."

cherry wine by hozier

and with the deafening mind of hers came a sorrow she submitted to. it was as if she was submerged underwater for years of her life, solely being focused on how everything was amplified beneath the surface. it was all very loud, similar to the volume of river rapids, and maybe the only way for her to subdue it was to plunge into the rapids themselves; allow the current to carry her body as far as it could. because all she wanted was silence, so silence she received.

-

this story will revolve around the serious topic of domestic violence. it can be an extremely sensitive and hard topic for some people, and if that is the case for you, i encourage you to skip out on this story. this will also contain suicidal thoughts, so please do not read this if that is difficult.

paraphrasing and quoting statistics recorded by the NCADV and other various organization websites, i think it is important to just put these in here in case you're unfamiliar with how common it is and the impact it can have. also, these are just the statistics for the US.

"on average, close to 20 people every minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the US. within a year, that makes more than 10 million men and women. in their lifetime, 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men will fall victim to some type of physical violence carried out by an intimate partner, and 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience severe physical violence by their partner. only 34% of people who are injured will receive medical care for their injuries.

72% of all murder-suicides involve an intimate partner; 94% of which being female victims. everyday in the US, more than 3 women are murdered by their husband or boyfriend. since 2003, 18,000 women have been killed by men in domestic violence disputes. somewhere between 21-60% of victims lose their jobs because of reasons stemming from the abuse. there is a correlation with a higher rate of depression and suicidal behavior. nearly half of women and men have experienced psychological aggression by an intimate partner. 40% of men who identify as being gay or bisexual will experience at least one incident of intimate partner violence. 1 in 2 women who identify as gay or bisexual will experience domestic violence, but not necessarily by an intimate partner.

the primary reason why domestic violence survivors say they stayed or returned to an abusive relationship is because the abuser controlled the money supply preventing the victims from having financial resources to escape. financial abuse occurs in 98% of all domestic violence cases. domestic violence is the third leading cause of homelessness amongst families in the US. an estimated 13% of women and 6% of men have experienced some form of sexual coercion in their lifetime. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 10 men experiencing some form of unwanted sexual contact."

again, most of these statistics are quoted from national organizations. i know this is quite a depressing start and welcome to my story lol, but i feel this is important since the content revolves around this serious topic. october is also domestic violence awareness month, which is when i will be starting this. if these topics bring you discomfort or distress i stress that you do not continue.

let your imagination run wild, i won't be providing face claims aside from harry, obviously.

started 14 october, 2018
completed 18 january, 2019