A text from a stranger

"With the up and coming hit, the star of musical theater may find himself expanding to the big screen within the next year..."

"The reports of C&R's stock rising is only to be expected as the company expands to offer new services, as well as opening up to the possibility of offering a brand-new line of products for your feline friends..."

"Lololol has new DLC coming soon! Gather your forces now and achieve success with an all new armor set!"

Mirae Cheo, known simply as MC to her friends and family, let out a soft sigh as she stepped past the last screen, now all she had to do was board the train and ride it for an uncomfortable thirty minutes until she reached the new city. Moving on from living with her family had been a hard decision, but after graduation she couldn't find a job in her hometown. In the end the only job offer she received had come from two towns over, far from the home she knew and the family she loved. It would be hard, living on her own for the first time in her life. She was sure she wouldn't take care of herself like an adult should, even as she assured everyone she would. It was only rational, she was still in her early twenties, barely out of school, not fully ready to take on adulting quite yet.

"I am on my way~ just had to stop to pick up a new controller after class." MC stepped to the side as a blond made his way past her, talking quickly on the phone. "No I just grabbed some ramen, I didn't have time to cook this morning after the raid last night." He ignored her glance as he grabbed onto the railing to remain standing as the train began to move once again. Just one more stop and she would be in the city, and begin her new life.

MC leaned against the pole that she gripped in her hand, another sigh escaped her as she thought once again over her move. It would have to be a quick one, the job was due to start in two days which didn't spare much time to get accustomed to her new surroundings. Her things would come in a day, which meant really that she only had a single day to explore the city. It was daunting, but MC would have to make do until she had more free time in her schedule.

Her phone dinged, pulling her attention to her purse as she rummaged through it for the device. She narrowed her brows as she looked at the screen. Blackness only broken by lines of green numbers and text. She furrowed her brow, tapping the screen with her finger as the confusion built inside her head. She didn't have much downloaded on her phone, it was a brand new one after all, and she could think of no app that would open itself and look like that. At most she had a special calendar app and a few mindless games that she found the day before.

With one final tap, a loud buzzer sent her jumping in surprise. It wasn't her phone though, it was the signaling sound that the train had come to a full stop. The blonde, who was still on his phone, stepped past her quickly and disappeared into the crowd even before her feet touched the tiled floor outside of the train doors. She frowned at her phone as she weaved her way through the tightly packed bodies. The screen hadn't changed, even pressing the home button did nothing, it remained black with scrolling green numbers and text.

"What the..." She muttered as she waited for the traffic light to turn red so she could cross. Beside her, a woman with short brunette hair wearing a very sharp business suit complete with a pencil skirt was muttering softly to herself as she tapped away at her phone.

"...saving to the Zen folder..." MC quirked her brow at the woman's words but chose not to say anything as the white cross man flashed on the sign before her. She crossed the street quickly and glanced around herself, still tapping on her phone screen and hoping that something would change due to her efforts. Perhaps the phone was broken, after only having it for a short while the thought made her pout pitifully.