Where are my Things!?

She awoke the next day to a few missed calls, which she promptly ignored in order to take a quick shower. She had to call the delivery company and let them know that she wasn't going to be living in the apartment they were sending her things to. She couldn't tell them the address she was at, that was drilled into her head quite well during many chats the night before, so she would have to rent out a storage space for them to store all the boxes that would be arriving from her hometown. The shower was cold, she would have to ask about getting the hot water turned on later, but she made do and bundled herself in the warm from the dryer towels right after. She didn't get dressed right away, choosing to stay in the warm towels while she washed her clothes. The tv wasn't working, so she decided to scroll through Metube instead, looking up the infamous videos of Zen that were mentioned the night before. It wasn't really her thing, but even she could admit he was a talented individual, she could see why Jaehee liked him enough to be his fan.

Her clothes were dry by the time she was done watching the last video. MC quickly slipped them on and searched through her purse for her hairbrush. Halfway through brushing her hair, her phone began to vibrate beside her.

"Hello Seven." She answered around a yawn as she tugged the bristles through her locks.

"Hello! Defender of Justice Seven Zero Seven here!" His voice was cheerful, but quite loud, she had to pull the phone away from her ear as he spoke.

"How are you so hyper so early in the morning?" she grumbled as she placed her brush down.

"Simple! I haven't slept yet!" She shook her head and chuckled at this, of course not. "I was actually about to head to bed. I just called to let you know that you need to tell me when you want to leave the apartment."

"What? Why?" she felt her eyebrows pull together angrily as she asked the question, how could she be an adult and still have to deal with things like this?

"Well, the apartment is password protected and if you don't know the password you can't get back in... and, and you couldn't possibly remember the sequence from one time right? And it would be lost in your chat history so you need me to open the door from here." His explanations were quick, his voice becoming higher as he spoke.

"What if I do remember." She inquired.

"You don't."

"Yeah. I don't." His tone was so serious that she felt the need to admit to it right away rather than drag out her teasing. There was something akin to a relieved sigh from his end of the phone, followed by the sound of his fingers clicking on the keyboard.

"Well, I just have to finish up... this... thing... finished!~" he exclaimed the last word which made her pull her phone from her ear once again. "I am going to get some shut eye now so... just don't leave the apartment before I wake up."

"But wait, I-"

"Hmm?"

"How long are you going to be asleep?" She needed to get out as soon as possible in order to secure her things.

"Hmm... dunno. Maybe a couple hours, maybe a day." She sunk into the swivel chair as he spoke, his voice was already heavily laden with sleep so she knew it wouldn't be long before he was dozing off.

"I really need to get out today. And I have a day job that starts the day after tomorrow." She grumbled out her words once again.

"Mmmhn... Don't worry... I'll take care of you..." His voice was soft in her ear, she could tell that he was barely awake at this point.

"Seven?" She asked, then when he didn't answer she increased her volume. "Seven?" When there was still no reply, she sighed and pressed end on the call. Her phone was placed on the table beside her as she rested her face in her hands. At the very least she should try to do it all by phone. Her chin rested in her palms as she stared at her phone. Somehow it seemed her entire life was revolving around it now. It made her feel distant, like the outside world didn't exists to her anymore now that she was a member of the RFA. It was a lonely feeling.

Four phone calls, that's what it took to secure a storage space large enough and cheap enough for her needs. But, when she called the delivery company they explained to her that her brother had already told them where to send her things. Completely confused, she asked where that would be and they responded by saying simply "Where you're moving of course." No matter how she tried to ask the question, she was always met with the same vague explanation. In fact, the man on the other side of the phone seemed to be confused over the fact that she was confused about the situation. She had hung up on the man quickly after that, hanging her head and digging her palms into her eyes as she let out a loud groan shortly afterwards.

"Where are my things!" She shouted up at no one. The sound of her own voice fading away into nothing only caused her heart to sink even more.