Meeting Ray

MC frowned as she pressed end on the call. That was six times in a row that 707 hadn't answered her. She didn't make the calls back to back, but she felt like he would get annoyed at her fairly quickly already due to the amount. She needed to get a hold of him though, she had to get back into the apartment and couldn't do so without his help. She was reduced to wandering around the city, it was a good way to get her surroundings down at least. She couldn't get lost if she knew where to go after all. The kitten she stopped to pet was still running through her mind as she stepped into a small restaurant. She had a little money left in her account from her mother, enough to buy a meal in the very least, and eating would give Seven some time to wake up and hopefully contact her.

She ordered a small burger meal and a cola before moving to sit at a table near the back where very few people were. She didn't want to inconvenience any of the couples who were enjoying their lazy weekend afternoon, and she would rather not sit somewhere that many people could see how alone she really was. The burger didn't even leave a taste in her mouth, she ate it robotically as she thought over her situation. She was halfway through her lunch when she noticed a flash of white from the corner of her eye. There was a boy heading her way with his own tray of food, his white and pink hair swishing as he moved and his eyes remaining downcast while he weaved his way towards her. He looked up when he approached her table, his eyes locking with hers as he took an involuntary step back.

"Sorry... I didn't realize that the table was... occupied..." He explained in his soft soothing tones. His voice was so different from his appearance, it was one that would put her at ease if not mixed with the thuggish vibes his hair and clothing reeked of.

"No... no it's fine." She assured him as he looked down once again. "I was um... I was almost done anyway so..." She allowed her words to die away into nothing as she bit down on her lip and stared at her food. Her eagerness to be polite and nice to this boy had created an awkward atmosphere between them. She could tell in the way he shifted from foot to foot and glanced around the packed tables behind him that he was just as uncomfortable as she was. "Um!" She called out as he turned to leave, "You can uh... sit with me if you want, I am about to leave so the table will be all yours in a minute."

"Thank you." He sighed in relief as he shifted to sit across from her. She gave him a reassuring smile, which he returned before looking down at his food and away from her. "I am Ray, by the way..." he mumbled as he lifted his cup up and wrapped his lips around the straw.

"Mirae Cheo, but you can call me MC, everyone does." She replied as she gave him another smile, a polite one this time.

"Pleasure to meet you, MC." His voice was so soft and formal that she couldn't help imagining him as some long lost prince or- she internally smacked herself, her imagination needed to take a vacation.

"Same Ray." He looked up when she said his name, and she didn't know if it was the lighting or his cheeks themselves, but his face was tinted a light shade of red. She ducked her head at the sight and watched as his slim fingers wrapped around his own burger. They sat in silence, him eating while she picked at her food. It almost felt normal to her to eat with someone she didn't really know, she certainly had been bonding with people she had never met over the last couple of days so eating with a stranger was nothing different, was it?

At that moment her phone began to ring out. She glanced down to where it rested on the table to see that it was none other than 707 calling her. She glanced between the phone and her impromptu lunch partner a few times, a mistake as it caused her to miss the hackers call.

"Ah.. sorry I should really call him back." She said as she grabbed her phone from the table with one hand and gathered her trash with the other.

"Your boyfriend?" He asked. She felt her cheeks warming at the question and quickly ducked her head.