▪Chapter VII▪

Since it was Saturday, I thought it would be a great idea to start my search on Ricardo and my dad.

Hexagon was basically empty, since it was the weekend. Believe it or not, even hackers and agents have normal lives, crazy I know.

Logan was not here, which meant that I had to be extra keen on the things that I do. Making mistakes was not an option. I opened the file he gave me and placed it on my desk.

Inside were numerous photos of my dad, either closing a drug deal or waiting for a cargo at the port. On a page was all of his personal details. Date of birth, marital status, height and children. A photo of me as a kid was also placed in there. I brushed my fingers against it as I remembered what my childhood was like. I fought back the tears that were on the verge of spilling.

That innocent girl is gone, and I will forever blame my father for her death.

I hacked into traffic cameras all over town trying to locate either him or his vehicle. I created an algorithm that would be able to spot him instantly in any part of town that he has been to for the past week.

I created a timeline and pin pointed each and every place he has been to frequently aside from the motel.

"What are you up to Basic?" asked Lexi as she came towards my desk.

"Trying to find Jerry Coleman and Ricardo."

"You mean Ricardo and your dad."

My gaze instantly met hers as soon as the words "your dad" tumbled out of her mouth and fell off her lips.

"You knew?"

"Jade, the whole base knows. We are hackers you know. Secrets are not really secrets around here."

She gave me a warm smile and it kind of soothed me a bit.

I got back to work and she continued, "You need any help?"

"If you can help me find out where he is then yes, I'll take all the help I can get."

She went to her desk and instantly typed away.

"Okay, first lets exclude all the places which he went to only once," suggested Lexi, "There's only a 10% possibility that he would go to one of those places again and we shouldn't waste time chasing after improbable leads."

I did as she suggested and crossed out Chipolte, Starbucks and Taco Bell. Next step.

"How about next we create a map of the places he's been to." I suggested.

Lexi got up and went to the supply room. When she came back, she came bearing gifts. In her hands was a map, some thread and a few pins.

"The blue pins are for the places he's been to frequently, like more than ten times. The green pins are for the places he visited like maybe five times and the red ones are for the places he rarely visited, more than once and less than 5 times. Got it?"

I simply nodded and we got to work.

"Oh and Basic, the pink thread is for the roads he took often and the black thread is for the roads he rarely took."

We started from the airport where the plane landed the night of the drug deal. After hours of hard work we had a map of everywhere he had been to.

"This looks confusing," said Lexi as she took a step back to analyse the map we created.

"No it's not," I pointed towards the board, "from the motel to a particular warehouse he always takes the road from Rose Boulevard to Fair Avenue. Then he always takes this road," I pointed to a road on the map that led to a restaurant, "to go to some Chinese restaurant which he visits frequently."