▪Chapter XXIV▪

"Logan?" I asked again, this time more furious.

I walked up to him and punched him right in the nose.

He stumbled back a bit, cursing and blocking his nose with his left hand. I only realised that I hit him pretty hard when he lifted his head up and I saw blood coming out of his nose.

"Ouch! What was that for?" He queried.

"How many times do you have to trick and deceive me? Once wasn't enough?"

"Jade what are you talking about?" He asked, astonished and perplexed by my actions.

"Don't pretend like you're innocent! Why did you tell me to meet you here?"

"Me? I didn't!. I got a message two nights ago from an unknown number telling me to meet the person who planted the bomb the other day."

I shook my head in confusion, "So you're not the bomber?"

"Why would I plant a bomb? How cruel do you think I am?"

Okay, things were seriously not adding up here. So Logan's not the bomber but he was called by the bomber just like me.

I was lost in thought for a minute when I realised that even if he played no part in planting the bomb he had to be held accountable for what he did to Liam's parents.

"Very cruel! You killed Liam's parents!"

"Jade, where are all of these accusations coming from?"

"You know what you did. Witnesses saw you coming out of Liam Cooper's house after his parents were killed." Even if I could not get a confession about the bombing, atleast I would get a confession for first degree murder.

"Jade I didn't kill Liam's parents!"

"That's what all murderers say!"

"Well I'm not! I agree that I lied to you about knowing you but that's it."

I was torn between deciding if I should believe him or not. Once a liar, always a liar.

"Let's say hypothetically you didn't kill Liam's parents, who did?"

"I don't know." He was frustrated and tense and I knew that there was atleast some truth to what he was saying.

"What do you mean you don't know?! You were the last person seen leaving the Cooper's house."

"I know but when I got there they were already dead. The Coopers worked for me, they were secret agents. One day I got an anonymous message saying that I should get to the Coopers house immediately if I ever want to see my agents alive and well again .When I got there I was too late. The murder weapon was on the floor so I picked it up to see if I could get fingerprints off of it."

"Did you?" I asked eagerly.

"If I did don't you think the case would be closed?"

"Okay, fine. How do you explain the bullet casings found in the Cooper house that matches with the bullets from a gun that is registered under your name?"

"That was for the Glock 19 that I lent to the Coopers, in case of an emergency. Maybe it was fired when they were fighting whoever killed them."

I stayed silent for a minute and put all of my questions to a hiatus.

"Well, well, well." A feminine voice startled us and Logan and I turned, Logan puzzled and me somewhere between confused and surprise.

"What's up...basic," she said with a firm smirk on her face.