▪Chapter XX▪

"Did you guys find anything?"

"No we didn't Steven, and to be honest with you, I don't even think Logan is the bomber. Things in this story aren't adding up."

Liam and I told Steven everything, from the stake out to breaking into Logan's house. After being reprimanded for going out of plan, Steven was more than happy to hear what we had to say.

"Well then we don't have any other suspects, and as far as I know, bombs don't just plant themselves."

I checked the time on my watch, "Shoot, I have to get to Hexagon guys, I'll see you tomorrow."

I grabbed my school bag and headed straight for Hexagon. Everything was just a blur. From the bomb to Jamie Hill, everything was just really frustrating!

Hexagon to me, was nothing but a hideout for people who believe that the only way their talents can be put to use is by causing mayhem and chaos. I chuckled sarcastically, who was I to point fingers, once, I was one of those people.

I shook off the thought as I made my way to my desk and placed down my bag, knocking a few things over. As soon as I sat down Logan called me into his office. I briskly woke up from my chair, a wave of fear suddenly taking over my body. What if Jamie Hill was really Logan? I began walking towards his office when I halted. Something felt wrong, something felt different, someone was missing. I scrunched my eyebrows and slowly turned on my heel, inspecting the faces of everyone in the room.

I saw Ethan, typing away at his laptop. I gazed at him and called out, "Ethan." He lifted his head and looked at me with a questioning look, "Where's Lexi?"

"Beats me, haven't seen her since this morning."

I shrugged and continued towards Logan's office. I pushed the door open and quickly smelled the scent of lavender and men's cologne.

"Hey," I greeted.

"I have a case for you."

I looked on the table and found a brown file with the word 'confidential' written across in red.

"Okay, I'm listening."

"The President is suppose to be inspecting the weapons at the Army base today, I need you to prevent him from getting inside."

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him.

"Why?"

"Because my sources tell me that someone compromised the area and released sarin gas into the air in an attempt to kill the President, now, do I need to tell you how chaotic the country will be if we do not protect the President?"

"Why doesn't the President know about this?"

"There is reason to believe that if the President is aware he might announce it as a terrorist attack and the U.S will be in a state of panic, we are trying to prevent that."

I nodded and took the file and rushed to my desk, Logan following closely behind.

I hacked into the Army base's main server, locking it down, especially where the weapons were being held. I quickly changed the password to the security system, erased my digital footprint and came out of the server.

"It's done." I commented.

"The President can't get in?"

"As of today, and for the next 6 consecutive days the President will not be able to enter the facility, they will think it's a malfunction."

"Thank-you Jade, that's all for today."

I logged off my computer and took my bag and started heading home. Something did not feel right. I had a gut feeling that something really bad was about to happen.