Chapter 1|Meadow

His amber eyes spied on her stroll elegantly through the meadow that flourished outside of the village of Widonna. The alluring girl with long crimson hair that went straight down to her waist that contrasted with her bright forest green eyes that exhibited purity. The doe eyes that sparkled in the sunlight caught his attention as he was traveling through the edge of meadow.

Red, full heart shaped lips turned up in a smile on her round face as she played with the petals of a flower. Splattered across her button nose and chubby cheeks were tiny freckles that contrasted against her pale pink skin.

Her delicate fingers flowed over the long grass and flowers of the meadow. As she extended her arm out to pick another flower, he noticed a greenish purple bruises that have formed on the tops of her arm.

He felt fury run through his veins seeing a purple bruise on her precious pale skin. His hand clenched into a fist thinking of her being harmed. The strong bond they have makes him feel that he needs to protect her from the dangers of the world.

The beautiful seventeen year old Strawberry has taken his heart. It has been that way since they were young children. Even as a child he knew she was his beloved that was destined for him by fate.

Strawberry sat in the middle of her haven, the meadow. She lie in serenity of the meadow until a smokey scent of a fire place invaded her nose that made her heart start to react by hammering in her chest. she swivelled around to see the tall muscular frame of her childhood friend looming over her. His amber eyes watching her intently.

His ash grey face held strong cheek bones was framed by short stark black hair. Black horns that were like a bull's stuck out of the sides of his head had a string with tiny star that sparkled in the sunlight hanging from his right horn.

His six foot frame laid next to Strawberry's short five foot five body. Flowers and tall green grass surround their bodies as they lie there. He moved his gaze from the blue sky to look at the girl next to him with an intense gaze admiring her. Pink blush dusted her cheeks upon feeling his gaze on her.

"Hello Ignis", Strawberry giggled out.

Her voice was like a melody to his ears so sweet and enduring. Nothing about it has changed since they were children .

"Hello my little Strawberry. How are you today my beloved?", he asked as he played with her soft long hair.

"Oh Iggy" she sighed out sadly. "Auntie Jane and Uncle Marks introduced me to Jonas today... they say we could possibly be wed."

Jonas was a mean man that her aunt and uncle wanted her to marry him so, she wouldn't be alone when they pass away one day. She didn't love Jonas though, she's only ever felt romantic feelings for Ignis but, sadly he would never feel the same strong love she feels.

She broke out of her thoughts to see Ignis looking at the ground with blazing fury. Her fingers delicately grazed over his clenched fist scared he might hurt himself. As he felt a hand on his, he looked up the arm of his darling to find the purple bruises he noticed earlier.

Ignis tenderly captured her arm in his hand and cautiously ran his fingers over the bruise, careful not to hurt her even more. Tracing the outline of the dark purple bruise painted on her skin he felt anger of the prospect of him marrying another man, making his distinct amber eyes turn black.

Playing with hemline of her skirt nervously when she felt his eyes bore into the side of her head. She would never want him to feel angry at her or hurt because of her.

"Who's done this to you love?", Ignis asked hard tone unable to hide is anger from her no matter how hard he tried not to upset her in the situation.

Strawberry grimaced and delicately pluck her arm away when he applied pressure to her bruises. She hugged herself and cast her eyes in the other direction ashamed. She's never heard him been this angry at her and she felt uncomfortable by it. Instead of saying something she kept her mouth shut because she was scared of making him even more angry than he already is.

He noticed he adverted gaze and distant attitude and attempted to soften his attitude trying to make her feel comfortable around him. He brushed his knuckles against her soft cheek affectionately. The growing disappointment in himself gre fro making his beloved upset at him. He would've never wanted her to be scared of him and once she leaned into his touch he knew he was forgiven.

He reached out and circled her waist with his arms. Lifting her up as if she weighed nothing, he gently settled her on his lap. She was shocked at first by the suddenness of the action but, she quickly got comfortable on his lap. He nuzzled his nose into the base of the neck and breathed in the delicious scent of strawberries and cream.

"My beloved tell me who has bruised you?", he asked again more gently tis time. "You can trust me as we have known each other for a long time and I've never hurt you."

She knew he deserved to know because he's been there for her but, she was scared on how he was going to react. As an old friend he was highly protective of her wellbeing. It made her feel safe. She felt the cat same protective feelings with him and would be devastated if something happened to him.

She always wanted to marry him ever since she was fifteen years old and realised her true feelings towards him. She could see them living in a house with him and little children that looked like the mini versions of Ignis run around the house as sits with Ignis and watches them play. She quickly pulled herself out of her fantasy knowing if they were meant to be then something would have happened by now.

"Alright I'll tell you Ignis" Strawberry said with reluctance. "When auntie and uncle introduced me to Jonas, he offered to show me around his house. Once in the sitting room we got to talking and I started talking about you and how nice you are to me. He got very angry that you were a male and you were a... well... uhm..." she looked down nervously scared to say anything that might upset him.

"A demon" Ignis said with humour in his voice.

Strawberry nodded while looked down and blushing. She didn't know how he felt about being a demon so she didn't want to anger him by saying it. She looked up to see eagerness for her to continue in eyes.

"So he grabbed my arms firmly" She gulped before continuing. "Then he started to shake me and talk about how I was one of his most prized possessions and that you can't take me away from him. He said I had to be a good wife and bear him children and stay home and watch them"

Her eyes started stinging with tears of sadness knowing that she has to marry a man like that because she had nobody else that are her. Ignis looked at the ground and attempted calm himself before he continued so, he wouldn't scare her again. This scum of a man was disrespecting his beloved who was most precious person in his world. He physically hurt her and even more claimed she was his. He growled in anger.

He had to come up with a plan to make his Strawberry his official beloved. He can only do it if the other half knows and agrees to it but, she's so naive that she hasn't realised his unconditional love for her.

"Strawberry" he said calmly, "Come to the meadow this time tomorrow in this spot and I'll have a surprise for you my beloved."

With that he kissed her her on her forehead. She blushed profusely and looked down while nodding her head telling him she would be there tomorrow. He got up and walked with huge strides to the edge of the forest before he disappeared with a plan in his head to make her his beloved for the rest of their lives. Leaving her anxiously waiting for the surprise he has in store for her tomorrow.