Chapter 3|Picnic

Ignis felt the grass blow across his skin while waiting in the meadow for Strawberry. He decided to make a big picnic as the huge surprise for her. He cooked all of her favourite foods but, the food he had the most of was strawberries and cream galore because it was her absolute favourite food. Whenever he would make it for her she would gobble it down like there is no tomorrow.

While waiting for his beloved to arrive her sat silently and stared out into the distance. He couldn't wait to ask her the big question. He wanted to start dating her. He wanted to start a life with her but, he was so uncertain if she would actually say yes or if she was in love with someone else. He was starting to get really nervous with the thoughts running through his head.

The nervous thoughts in his head was interrupted by a graceful figure floating towards him that made him forget all the thoughts in his head. He quickly recognised the beautiful figure as his beloved, Strawberry.

Strawberry spotted him sitting in the meadow with all of her favourite foods surrounding him. Shyly, she sat down to him. He wore an amused smirk at the sight of her blushing. He leaned back appreciating the beauty that she is. Not only was she physically beautiful, she also had a heart of gold. She was a sweet sensitive girl that could see the good anyone no matter how evil the person is. This both worried him and made him love her more.

"Hello my beloved. I've brought your favourite", he pointed to the strawberries and cream galore that surrounded them."Strawberries and cream."

She giggled eagerly and picked up a strawberry dipped in cream. She adored strawberries and cream ever since she was younger. Her blush intensified thinking about how sweet he was for remembering. With every little thing he does it makes her love him more and more everyday. At the thought of that she remembered something.

"My uncle canceled the betrothal and I have till after the festivals to think over my options and decide what I want to do",She explained and then plopped a strawberry smother in cream into her mouth.

"Oh really?", he asked intrigued. This might help him convince her to start dating him and maybe consider a future with him in it.

"Yeah, he said unless I am found out to be someone's beloved then I should really consider to marry Jonas because my aunt and uncle say I'll be safe in his care if anything happens to them", she sighed looking down. She played with the end of her skirt when she felt herself being lifted in the air. She looked up see muscular arms wrapped around her waist and under her legs lifting her up into Ignis's lap. Her whole face became red seeing Ignis looking at her with his amber eyes.

"I have to ask you something little one", he reached into his pocket and picked up a sparkling ring with a ruby as a statement piece in the middle. He lifted it up for her to see."Will you officially become my beloved?"

His words left her initially shocked for a couple moments but, then she thought about it for awhile leaving him in suspense. He was getting scared of what she would say. What if she said no? Her face looked shocked so, he couldn't see any clear answer.

"I'm your beloved?",she asked suddenly. This caught him off guard thinking it would be obvious by his strong affections and actions towards her. He knew that she wasn't quickest to pick up on hints so he would have to explain everything to her.

"Yes my love, you are. I've known ever since I was younger. Your voice drew me in and I had a strong pull towards you too. You  had such a beautiful face but, more than that you have a beautiful heart. My darling will you accept me as your beloved and move in with me."

She was truly shocked. She knew that even if she was his beloved that she wouldn't be able to feel the attraction like he does not until she is marked. Now thinking hard about she could see the signs that he had the same feelings she had. He called her pet names and gave her sweet little touches on the arms and legs. She now knew.

Her face gave away nothing and that worried him. What if she doesn't believe him? What if she really wants to marry that man? He quickly had to show her what he said was real.

"I know you might not feel the same and I know this might be new to you but, I'll wait as long as you like", he rushed out worriedly "You have always been the love of my life and if you don't want to marry then we'll not marry and if you don't want kids then we won't have any. I will not pressure you do anything that makes you uncomfortable..."

His mouth was silenced by soft lips on his. His heart beating so hard it almost flew out of his chest. He didn't do anything for moment as he was stunned by her kissing him. He slowly closed his eyes and moved his lips with hers gently.

It was both their first kiss and it was the best thing they've ever experienced in their life. His lips were moving gently on hers and she's never felt better her life. She could never dream of a better kiss.

Running out of breath he released her lips from his. He took in a strong breath and looked up at the clouds. She was catching her breath and looked down towards her skirt. Slowly lifting her eyes to see them looking at her. She started playing with the sparkling star dangling from a string on his horn.

"I love you", she said softly "I always have"

A finger under her chin pulled her face up towards him. They gazed into each other's eyes while he held her close to his body. They sat for a moment before he finally spoke.

"Will you move in with me?"