Chapter 6|Waiting

Fingers tapping on Ignis's desk couldn't pass time any faster. He just couldn't wait to bring her to her new home. He wanted to march back there and drag her back to his mansion but, he respected her wishes of staying there to say goodbye to her family and friends.

He looks back down at the papers that are waiting for him to finish. All of them were very important for him to fill out but, his mind was on a little red head.

He couldn't wrap his head around that they would finally start dating and get to know each other more. He would be completely fine if she didn't want to take it to the next step and get married or even have children. If that made her happy then that made him happy.

Thunder roared in the sky making him forget his happy thoughts. The chair pushed back when he stood up. Walking around his desk to an empty space on the wall, he tried to think of something to put on that blank space.

A beautiful girl would look wonderful sitting on that wall while he his working. She is his rock, the only thing that he would sacrifice everything for and not think twice.

He would surprise her by commissioning a beautiful painting of her each year. If they ever had children he would want one with all there children. One from there wedding their wedding day if it ever happens.

He knew it be very hard to work with her being on his wall. She'd distract him from doing any work though it would never be the same as the real thing in front of him.

Walking out of the door and down the stairs. The stairs were big and grand and lead to the foyer where the front door stands. Walking around the foyer, he stood by a side table. Swiping his a finger over the dust on the table he decided to clean up.

Being the only one in the house and refusing to hire staff made everything around him very quiet. He did have all the man power to clean a two story mansion though. He was a demon so he doesn't get tired easily like humans do.

He was very intrigued on what strawberry would do when she arrived at her new home. How would she decorate it? Would she keep it a dark color scheme like he has in his study and their bedroom? Or would it be soft and light like she is?

He dwelled on it while cleaning his house. Finally getting rid of every piece of dust and making the floor so clean and shiny that you could see his reflection in it.

He walked into the kitchen and grabbed everything he needed to prepare strawberries and cream. He washed the strawberries till their nice and clean. He didn't want her eating anything dirty.

Whipping up the ingredients all together till it became something nice and fluffy. He dipped in a finger and tasted it. It tasted good but it won't be perfect until she enjoys it.

Heading off to bed, it was amazing to think that this is the last night with him being alone. He was ready to cuddle her close to him in bed. Warming him up on a cold night.

Waking the next day ready to take her home to hug and cuddle every day. Walking into the village he noticed the normal hustle and bustle was gone. Every shop was closed which is unusual for a friday.

It was market day and all the stalls are closed. There was not a soul in sight. He was confused. Had something happened?

He forgot all about as he strolled up to his love's house. The house is old and worn down. It looks like it's been there for years and barely standing.

Knocking on the big brown door. There was no answer. He was now even more confused then he originally was. Was she playing hide and seek?

The house sounded empty and quiet. He's never encountered this. Did she change her mind?

She would never do that last minute. She knew she'd be safe with him and so did her aunt and uncle. He saw love in her eyes every time he sees her.

Climbing up the side of the house he attempted to look into the window of her house to find nothing but a empty room.

He bags were packed and her bed was unmade. The weird thing was her window was opened and there was a weird smell in her bedroom.  He a had a sneaking suspicion that something evil has happened to her.