Chapter 7|The Cliff

The wind started to pick up, pushing Ignis's hair around his face. Walking quickly down the empty streets towards the meadow. That's the last place he would look for Strawberry and if she isn't found he is going to go on high alert.

He heard whisperings from the meadow making Ignis even more suspicious. He sees the grass at the edge of the meadow and starts to run towards it. The whisperings got louder and people started to become visible he slowed down.

Slowly stalking towards the cluster of people while crouching. He noticed an alter with a preacher in front of it with the whole town sitting in chairs with sad looks on their faces. He finally realised a wedding was happening. Who was the wedding for?

He crouched in the long grass waiting for the bride and groom to come out. He saw Strawberry's aunt and uncle crying and holding each other in the two seats in the front. The were very sorrow.

All the sudden the whispering died down and silent muffled cries were heard. Jonas was walking down the isle with a small girl in the most ugly unflattering dress Ignis has ever seen in his life.

Her tiny stature was drowned in a puke green fluffy ball gown that was high collared. It was so long she kept tripping over it. It had such hideous lace one it. She wore a wide brim hat with her hair tucked inside it.

He couldn't make out the brides face very well. When the bride and groom made it to the alter and the bride turned to face the groom. He saw who it really was. He could never miss her big bright green eyes and her adorable round face with freckles splatted across her button nose.

It was his wonderful little sweetheart strawberry. He immediately clenched his jaw. His fury was taking over his mind. He was the only one that could be his Strawberry's.

His heart cries out for her hearing her beautiful cries and her tears sparkling like little diamonds fall down her cheeks. He immediately stood from the tall grass and marched his way over to the alter. He heard shocked gasps all around him from the guests but he just kept moving.

Everyone including Jonas looked at Ignis in fear. Ignis has his fist clenched so tight his grey hands were becoming white from rage. He was ready to swing at any moment.

Before Ignis can reach Strawberry Jonas broke out of his shock and threw a shocked overwhelmed girl over his shoulder and ran towards the woods faster than a normal human can.

With his quick reflexes he immediately sped up his pace to a sprint. He was right on Jonas tail. Seeing Strawberry's sad tears made him run even faster so he could cuddle her to his chest and comfort her.

He will never allow her to be in this situation again or even get hurt again. He will carry her everywhere she wants to go. He will feed her himself so she doesn't choke.

All he could think about was the current predicament his little Strawberry was in. He started to pick up more and more speed till he was ahead of Jonas. He slid in front of them stopping Jonas in his tracks but, Jonas immediately turned left and started to run towards the cliff.

Ignis was back on Jonas's trail running and jumping over branches and tree roots. He would do what ever it take to get his Strawberry back. He immediately stopped when he saw Jonas. Jonas no longer had Strawberry on his shoulder.

Strawberry was crying harder than before clawing at Jonas's hands wrapped around her neck holding over the edge of the cliff. She was trembling scared with her legs swinging back and forth. Her whimpering broke Ignis's heart.

Strawberry slowly looked down to see miles down a dark endless hole. That made her uncontrollably whimper. She struggled more not wanting to fall and die.

Jonas let out a furious growl and finally spoke when Ignis showed up, " Move any closer I'll drop her and she'll die!"

That stopped Ignis in his tracks. He stood silently watching Strawberry trying not to make a move and set Jonas over the edge. He'll do whatever it takes to keep his beloved safe. It was hard for him not to run out and try to save her for him.

"Well now thinking about it, I don't need her anymore. I can let her die and say you did it. Let's be honest everyone will believe me over you." Jonas barked out.

Jonas smirked evilly as Ignis grew more anxious. All the sudden Jonas let go of strawberry's struggling body shocking Ignis.

"No!", Ignis yelled at the top of his lungs. He quickly ran to try and reach out and grab her but he wasn't able to grab her in time as he watched her fall down the dark endless hole. His hand still extended as he stood there frozen in shock his face calm with no expression.

He tried to comprehend everything that happened in the past hour. He lost his wonderful beloved, Strawberry. The light of his life. The wonderful creature that kept his heart beating.

He'll never be able to see her gorgeous big green eyes again. See the happiness on her face with that cute smile of hers on her pink full lips. The way her button nose crinkled when she was upset at him. Her big chubby cheeks blush red when he compliments her.

He was going to have a whole life with her he was sure of it but, not anymore. He lost her because some foul beast decided he can play god and choose people's fate but not anymore. With all the rage built up in him he lunged.