[02] Ryker: "Past, Present, and Future."

[ u n e d i t e d ]

[ u n e d i t e d ]

DEDICATION:samreen84khalid :)

[02]: "Past, Present, and Future."

"You know," Axel grinned as he received the plates from the waitress, placing it in front of us on the table and nodding his thanks to the woman, before turning back, "In the beginning, I only wanted to meet you guys so that we can decide on a plan

"You know," Axel grinned as he received the plates from the waitress, placing it in front of us on the table and nodding his thanks to the woman, before turning back, "In the beginning, I only wanted to meet you guys so that we can decide on a plan. But after watching the two of them today, I think it might be okay if we let them take their own course for a while."

"Oh," Lyle shrugged, stirring his thick Vanilla shake with a straw in habit, "So, we don't have to hang out anymore. Cool."

What!?

"No!" Axel exclaimed, making my stiff body sag in relief, "I meant that that was my motive. But after watching Harvey being completely caught up with Gideon today, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be missing my friend for a while. At least, until they get together."

"So . . . we're Harvey's replacements," Lyle shot him a playful grin as he shook his head, "Star of the school. Big shoes to fill. Good thing there's two of us."

"C'mon." Axel rolled his eyes, adding in a chuckle to probably lighten the conversation, "You know I'm not the type to judge people based on dumb stereotypes."

For the first time since we had arrived at Mel's Diner, I opened my mouth. "We don't know that," I quipped, hoping my grin doesn't make me look like a love-sick puppy, "Though, from what we've seen so far, you're not all that bad."

"Ah, I'm honored." Axel put a hand above his heart with a fake-content sigh, bringing attention to his sinfully sculpted muscles displayed invitingly in that tight shirt, "The Ryker Lachlan approval is what they're using to measure humans. I'm glad I passed the test."

"Very funny," I laughed, swallowing discreetly to hide the sudden dryness in my throat. Lyle turned to smirk at me quickly with a sidelong glance, but thankfully, Axel didn't catch it.