[03] Lyle: "By My Side."

DEDICATION: ChrisHowat :D

[03]: "By My Side."

I was jealous

I was jealous.

You—yes, you who are raising your brow right now, don't act all high and mighty. If you had a best friend with whom you've basically spent all your life, who was suddenly so besotted with another guy that he barely remembered your existence, you would be jealous, too.

Heck, I knew they were only friends, and I think that was what was bothering me the most.

The fear of your friend replacing you as their best friend was the worst.

And there was no denying that this was turning me into a jealous bastard who was stewing on the inside non-stop.

"Uh-huh, so how many guys have you been with?" Gideon, my other best friend, who might as well forget the presence of every single person around him—he has always been that way because of his undying love for his so-called archenemy—challenged his husband, pulling me out of my thoughts.

Here we go.

These two were so freaking obsessed with each other that they should just go fuck already.

I mean, seriously. I had no clue why they were so dumb that they couldn't see what was right in front of their eyes. I wondered if they really were that blind, or if they knew very well how much the other person was in love with them and just pretended to hate each other because of their Mt. Everest-sized egos.

Sounds like a ridiculous possibility, I know.

But, I mean, give me the names of one good set of enemies who were as obsessed as these two were with each other.

You can't.

And let's not forget about the part where Gideon literally jumps every single-fucking-time Harvey gets hurt playing football, or the part where Harvey instantly knows with a glance when Gideon has had a bad day with his parents and keeps glancing over often, as if he was making sure that Gideon was alright.