2. Attraction

Nandini heaved a sigh of relief as she walked out of the office building. She had been running around the whole day from one department to another. She was sure if not for her perks as a vampire, she would have fainted. More than that she had a hard time controlling herself from pouncing onto him. The thought of wanting to suck his blood had passed through her mind countless of times and controlling her inner instincts made her more tired.

"Miss Taylor get me this. Miss Taylor get me that." She mimicked his lines and sighed irritatedly, "For god sake I have a name. He can just call me Nandini and I would be fine with it."

Right then the scent of fresh blood hit her nostrils and she could feel herself longing to taste it. "Not-" she breathed in the enthralling scent. "not again."

She failed to control herself. Her feet took her nearer to the scent. Blood. Fresh blood. Her subconscious mind chanted.

"Miss Taylor what are you doing here?" Manik asked as he saw her nearing towards him. "Miss Taylor what-" he gasped in surprise when all of a sudden he was pulled into her embrace.

"Wh-What are you d-doing?" he barely managed to say. Her scent enthralled him and he felt his whole existence melting in her embrace. This feeling was something strange, something he had never experienced.

She could feel heat radiating inside her body, threatening to melt her bones. As she clinged to him and buried her face in the crook of his neck, the scent of his blood became unbearable. Her fangs sharpened and she was just about to dig those fangs inside his skin when a loud honk of car brought her back to her senses.

What the hell was she doing? She pulled away from him, simultaneously covering her mouth. Both of them instantly felt cold.He missed her warmth and may be she missed his too.

What is this feeling? This question crossed their minds and it only confused them even more.

Awkwardness surrounded the atmosphere. He couldn't comprehend her action and she couldn't comprehend why his blood had this kind of effect on her.

The scent of his blood was still so strong that she feared she would lose her control. Without even saying a word to explain her actions, she left the place as fast as she could.

Taking out a capsule from her bag, she stuffed it into her mouth. As soon as the capsule came in contact with her tongue, she could feel her nerves calm down a bit.

She sighed, failing to understand as to why his blood was arousing foreign desires within her. Moreover the scent of his fresh blood had still been lingering around her nose. She stomped her foot in irritation before increasing her pace of walking.

Soon enough, she reached her apartment but her mind wasn't at ease. Many things crossed her mind, confusing her even more.

"Nanz you aren't sick right?" Aisha, her roommate asked and Nandini just sighed.

Aisha was just a normal human being and although they were very close, she didn't even have the slightest idea about Nandini being a vampire.

Nandini was a chirpy talkative girl but today she had been unusually quiet and it wasn't a great deal for Aisha to find out something was amiss.

"You know right you can share anything with me?"

"I know." she paused, looking at Aisha for a brief second, before voicing out her thoughts. "Aisha, I feel like quitting this job."

"You want to quit? But why? I thought you really wanted to work for this company."

"I did and I still want to. But-" she sighed and rolled to the other side of her bed. "urghhh I just don't know anymore."