13

yuta had literally been staying by my side all night. he wasn't too drunk, and neither was i. it about 3 in the morning when i decided to leave the party, yuta, of course, throwing a fit.

     that bitch legit just started blocking the door so that i'll stay. his friend johnny had to pull him to the side so that i'll leave.

     "go get some sleep, yuta." i told him, though he was still frowning and waving at me like a kid.

     mark also had picked up yuqi from the party earlier, and i'm pretty sure mark was driving illegally, but oh well. i decided to walk home. it was pretty dead outside, and super chilly too.

     as i was walking, i heard faint whistling coming from behind, but i was too drunk to think about it. i just had a picture of my bed in my mind, and i just wanted to sleep.

     as i reached the alley again, the whistling got closer to me, and this time i was much more cautious than before. i struggle to even fish my phone out of my bag, but i managed anyway.

     i wasn't sure who to call- nor could i read what it has to say. i eventually called on a random number in my contacts, and waited for them to answer.

     the whistling got closer. and after a few more ringings, i heard a familiar voice groaning. i called jaehyun. i called him. him, out of all people. he was groaning for a few seconds before finally saying something, "nana? what's wrong?" he asked.

     i hate it when i'm drunk. i'm always so honest when i'm drunk. and right now? i was scared and even more terrified to talk to jaehyun. i probably need to work on my priorities. "jaehyun," i called, snapping my head to get a look on who's following me.

     i saw a person, he was probably two times taller than me, maybe as tall as jaehyun, or johnny. i gulped, my throat somehow felt very dry. "jaehyun, help." i said, sounding so faint and i hated that.

     i could hear him shift from whatever position he was on, and the tired in his voice was gone, too. "nana? are you alright? where are you?" he asked, sounding much more cautious. i left the alley, and lost the person for a while, so i took the opportunity to run, "i'm a few blocks away from your house, jaehyun, i'm being followed." i said, trying not to scream.

     i didn't want to alert the person following me, since that would probably trigger him to chase after me. "hang in there, nana." he said, i could see his house already, and i could hear the person already chasing after me.

     the man managed to get a hold of my wrist, and forced me to stop on my tracks, my breath hitched, i couldn't recognise him at first, but then i realised he was one of the students in my own uni. "where are you heading to, so quickly, nana?" he asked, his voice was oddly more terrifying tonight.

     my drunk state wasn't sure what to do, i know it was useless to struggle, because that would only exhaust me, and all i wanted to do was cry. he took a step forward, "let go of that phone, darling, no one needs to hear us," he continued, and i backed away.

     "leave me alone," i said, though i sounded much more weak. just before he could do anything, i heard jaehyun yelling at the man from behind me, for him to leave. he also threatened to call the cops. which probably scared him away.

     he let go of me, and i immediately just fell onto the cold sidewalk. for whatever reason, tears started streaming down my face, and at that moment i just felt so embarrassed of myself.

     "nana, are you okay?" jaehyun asked, crouching in front of me, i glanced at him for a second, before looking away again. "i'm so stupid." i said, and jaehyun frowned. he took my hand, and softly caressed on it.