34

"hi!" ten dragged the word as he happily welcomed me and jaehyun. jaehyun immediately went inside while ten and i remained outside, "i made up with jaehyun," i told him, ten looked at me in disbelief, "what?" he asked, and i nodded, "i did. i got his explanation and we're fine now." i told him. ten's eyebrows furrowed while he still has that look of disbelief on him.

"tell me all about it later, i still need to decorate my house." he told me as he brought me inside his house. "nana! hi!" i turned the direction of the voice, only to see lisa, i smiled at her. "i didn't know you and ten were close," i told her as i joined her hang socks upon the fireplace. lisa shrugged, "we just got close after that party. he wouldn't stop texting me." lisa laughed. i nodded at her.

"he's annoying like that," i told her, and she burst out laughing whilst she agreed. "how long have you been here?" i asked again, "i just got here." she replied shortly. just when i was about to take a seat by the fire, ten suddenly came out of nowhere, "can you help me — wait no — help taeyong in the kitchen? because i can't cook for shit." he asked, i raised both of my eyebrows at him, "me neither. what are you cooking?" i asked as i followed him into the kitchen.

"help we can't fucking make eggnogs for shit!" taeyong cried as he saw me walking, i also got the chance to glance at the dining room, and saw that they had finished roasting a whole damn turkey. "you're telling me you can cook a whole damn turkey but not eggnogs?" i asked him, and he nodded. ten's kitchen counter was a whole mess, too.

"thank god i went to cooking classes when i was 16." i sighed. for the rest of the evening, both me and taeyong had to stay in ten's cold ass kitchen just to finish the eggnogs. also do know that ten restricted us to turn the heater all the way to number 5, because he said the bill is gonna be expensive. so we had to suffer with his one heater that's turned on to number 3.

"okay, it looks okay," taeyong showed me, i nodded, "let's try it," i suggested. taeyong left me for a while to get spoons for us. we tried the eggnog that we've been making, and as we did, both our eyes lit up. "nana... nana! NANA WE DID IT!" he exclaimed, i also screamed with him, and then we hugged each other for like, 5 seconds.

"okay let's get this over with. and then we can sit by the nice warm fireplace, and maybe sing christmas songs. i don't know. i'm just so cold right now." taeyong exclaimed.

it took us about an extra 20 minutes before we were finally done with the last meal for ten's christmas.... dinner. after that, we both made our way to the living room, only to realise that more people had come.

"oh great. you guys are done. we're gonna hang mistletoes around now." ten informed me. i sighed — more work. i hadn't realised that yuta was also already there, too. i took a seat by the fireplace, yet again, letting the heat warm me after freezing in the kitchen.

the rest had started hanging mistletoes around. by 'the rest' i meant the tall ones, like johnny, jaehyun, lisa and ten is also helping because he feels obliged to.

       i glanced to my left, and saw yuta. he wasn't sitting that far from me, and he was staring at me. we both quickly looked away — now that's just so damn awkward.

      "hey! merry christmas eve!" doyoung suddenly approached me. i looked up to him and flashed him a smile, "merry christmas eve, doyoung," i told him. he took a seat next to me, and we talked for a while, about what we usually do on other christmas eve nights.

      "you know, my first kiss was on a christmas eve night. i was at camp, and i was standing underneath a mistletoe with this one kid. so everyone was cooing and told us to kiss. so we did. it was short — and we were both like, 10, so it was a horrible kill." doyoung told me as he laughed. i chuckled at his story, "that's cute." i told him.