Be With Me

It was late at night and the festival was all lit up, the lights turned on as soon as it got dark enough. The two were walking around the carnival in costumes just like everyone else. Sunhee was your classic witch and Jisung was a warlock.

"Haunted house! Brand new! Open right now!" a man was yelling as he stood in front of the huge haunted house with a line longer than the park itself. Jisung looked at Sunhee as she looked at it, slightly frightened on the inside but still shrugged a yes to him. They got in line and waited for while until it was their turn.

"I heard it's very scary in there," a girl in front of them said. They looked at the building and saw a girl running out while being chased by a clown, her (what looks like her boyfriend) chased after the clown. They both looked at each other before bursting into laughter and the hilarious sight. Some time went by and it was finally their turn. Sunhee was absolutely terrified while Jisung seemed as if it was normal.

Throughout the whole thing, all of the jumpscares only made him slightly jump while Sunhee kept grabbing his arm and burying her face into his back. The house was shortly over for Jisung but Sunhee felt as if it lasted for hours on end. "Remind me never to do those again," they both chuckled at her statement.

_____

Jisung sat on the bleachers, watching Sunhee practice with her basketball team. They had a tournament tomorrow and their coach wanted them to be more than ready. Their practice lasted for a couple more hours until it was finally over. While the girls went into the locker rooms to get showers and dressed, he waited in the same spot on the bleachers for Sunhee.

She ended up being the last one to exit the locker room, dribbling a basketball while exiting. "Hey," he said while jumping off of the bleachers, she shot the basketball. "Hey!" she walked over to him. They started to walk out of the gym and toward the parking lot. "I have a question to ask you," he stopped her right where she was, right in the doorway of the gym.

"Sure, what is it?" she said and smiled. His expression changed from happy to serious. "It's killing me Sunhee. It's been picking at my soul for hours on end because I don't want you going another day without knowing how I feel. I like you Sunhee, a lot. And I can't just go along with my day without telling you this," she was speechless at his sudden confession. She liked him too... but she wasn't ready for another relationship, not after the other. I know you're going to say that we haven't known each other for that long but I just want you to know that I really like you. I don't love you, because that's not it, but it's much more than just liking you and nothing is going to change that," no words came out of her mouth.

"J-Jisung... I-I... I will return those feelings but I'm not quite ready for another relationship right now," she explained in a soft voice. "I'll wait for you Sunhee~ah. Whenever you are ready, I will be here. I will promise to you that my feelings won't change. Hear me?" she nodded her head and he hugged her. She was astonished at first but returned the deep, heartwarming hug.