2. virgin

15th october, monday, 2018

dear diary,

an opinion:

I HATE the concept of staying a virgin until marriage. What is the point? People think they should sleep only with someone whom they plan to spend their entire lives with. That person will stay with you forever, therefore it is 'safe' to have sex with them. People think sex means 'letting someone see you naked' and that privilege should only be given your life partner.

Otherwise they label you a slut.

I'll tell you what I think. Sex is a bond. A bond that you share with someone you truly love. It is a spiritual connection. It is the act of giving yourself to someone. The act of letting someone touch all parts of you — your body, your heart, your soul.

And this sort of a beautiful, loving, consensual sex does not make people impure. It purifies them.

Whether you're young or old doesn't matter. And it definitely doesn't matter whether or not the person will be with you forever. That is something we can never be sure of.

What matters is that at that moment, you love that person and want to form a bond with them. Maybe the relationship won't work out later. Maybe that person won't be with you tomorrow. But sex is a thing of the moment.

You won't regret it later on. After all, you loved that person once. So I don't think I will ever worry about what people say. I'm demisexual: attracted to only those with whom I have a connection. I don't feel this way for a random person, no matter how good looking he is. So I know it's rare. And if I ever find it, if I ever have a boyfriend I'm deeply in love with, I'll do it. People and their labels can go to hell.

  ❄