author's note

7th may, tuesday, 2019

Hi there. Thank you so much for being here after having read an honest account of my healing process. My purpose, when I was writing it, was to connect with others like me and provide them a place to be comfortable in. I want people like me to know they are not alone. Apart from my own life, I've talked about the things I see around me. Initially, I was going to start a blog, but then I realized that no one was going to read it. Here, at least, there are readers who might understand me and offer consolation. Thus, Old Yellow Pages was born.

I wanted to allow others to take a look at the teenage mind, why teens behave the way they do, and to make people more empathetic towards teenagers. I talked about my insecurities, my wild, poisonous thoughts, my rebellious nature, and the eventual reconciliation with my family.

This was obviously not depression, but whatever it was, it was real to me, and with the help of my family I was able to make it out. 

I've learnt that the people who love you might hurt you, but never with the intention to do so, and talking to them about it is the only way out. There is no such thing as ego. There is nothing we can do alone. There is no reputation that we have to hold up in front of our friends, because even when we crumble, they will love us, probably more so because of how real we are. If they don't, we should let them go.

To those who suffer in silence: speak up.