15. educate

26th november, monday, 2018

dear diary,

I wonder why whenever people come across those who are narrow minded, they pick fights. I mean, sure, it's irritating to deal with the stupidity and ignorance of people, but getting angry is never the solution.

So here's a note to self:

Whenever I meet someone who hates people of a particular religion, someone who treats others like crap, someone who tries to bring down others to make themselves feel superior, someone who thinks being rude to others makes him a 'cool stud', there's something I'll try to keep in mind.

These people are uneducated. Educate them. Don't be aggressive and don't pick fights. It won't help. They will get defensive and will close their minds to others' opinions. Try to talk to them.

Remember that it's not their fault. They were not brought up correctly. Maybe their parents or people around them offered some twisted logic that supported or justified such behaviour. Or, they had negative experiences in childhood. Or maybe they were themselves treated that way and became a part of a vicious cycle. Your job is to break the cycle. They probably haven't seen much good in life and don't know better. Show them that love exists. Show them by loving them and guiding them. Talk to them, knock some sense into them. Make them want to abandon hatred and ego. Talk to them, start a virtuous cycle.

Don't fight. When did wars ever get us anywhere?

  ❄