Chapter 1: Alone

"My love, where art thou?" Rebeccas voice draws nearer the more she calls out to me. A freezing chill creeps up my spine as the loud screeching from her ax dragging against the floor is heard echoing towards me. Her laughter echoes through the dark halls of Revan High. I simply stayed put behind this black trashcan waiting for my demise.

"Please come out of hiding. I want to show you how much I love you!" She yells out again. There is no way I'd believe that she'd actually want to show me, love. Her idea of showing love is murdering my best-friends and chopping them to pieces before throwing their body parts all down the halls laughing while doing it.

"Dylan, the voices say you hate me but I know for a fact you love me." As she spoke I could feel my heart dropping lower and lower. Then out of nowhere a loud bang echoes down. Causing me to jump and knock the trash can over. The loud smack of the trashcan hitting the floor echoes back towards me. That's when I knew she heard it. She went silent and I didn't hear her ax screeching against the floor.

"I found you!" She laughs out. Her laughter making my heart pound as I look around me. "Maybe there is a weapon or tool around," I whisper before hearing some hall doors being busted open. "She's gonna kill me," I whisper to myself as my heart begins to race and pound.

Tears begin to stream down my face as I came to understand, "its the end of my life." What exactly could I do? She was a killer, stone cold. It wasn't long before I could hear her skipping down the hall...

You must be wondering how I got into this situation. I am Dylan Witecott a senior at Revan High in Utah. To explain how I got here I have to go back to the start of the school year. The day I met beauty with a masked side.

-August 21, 2018-

It was the first day of school. The campus was packed with returning students and new students. I dodged the loud crowds of petty and annoying people.

My school saw each student as an academic scholar and even treated us as such. Especially the seniors. Last year seniors graduated with all A's and with enough scholarship money to buy the school twice.

I knew this year I will be apart of the top 20 in my class. Hopefully the top 20 in the school. We made our way down the sky-walk. The sun shined brightly nearly blinding me as it shined through the windows. While walking I hear someone cry out. At the end of the sky-walk off to the right sat a girl crying by herself. Madeline, one of my best friends, stepped up and held her arm out in front of us. "Let's turn back." She says quietly glancing over at the girl. "Why? Who is that?" I asked her softly looking over at the girl concerned about her.

"Rebecca Hatton a girl with mental problems," Madeline says gesturing that Rebecca was crazy. Harrison grabbed Madeline's hand stopping her gestures and sighed. "Now Madeline it's rude to judge someone for something others say." He says sharply.

I nod in agreement and walked over to Rebecca. "Hey, are you alright?" As I spoke Rebecca jumped. I assumed she didn't like males or boys in general. "Its mean for anyone to let you cry alone you know," I said softly while crouching down in front of her. To my amazement, she looked up. Showing me her beautiful brown eyes, long lashes and full blush colored lips. "Who is dumb enough to let such a beautiful girl cry alone. Better yet who is dumb enough to make her cry. " I commented and chuckle. It put a small smile on her face as she started to speak. "Someone told me I should go kill myself." Her sweet innocent voice was magnificent. The words that exit her lips were not. My sweet smile turned to a frown. "Idiots," I mumble before sitting fully on the floor. "That's terrible," Madeline says as she walked over. Harrison followed her closely. Rebecca then put her head down in her hands. "Rebecca, right?" I asked her looking at Madeline and Harrison. "Mhm." She says quickly, she was nervous and it was hard to hear her. I looked back at Rebecca before looking at Harrison. "Hey, you guys can you give us like ten minutes." I give them a smile and Harrison nods dragging Madeline away from us.