Chapter 6: Silent

This is written from Rebecca's POV

"Sit down you Bastard!" Were the words I heard at a very young age. Those words came from my former foster parent Norwan Wright, a 32 construction worker, who cared not about his very own hygiene. He had always told me that my parents hated me so they gave me to him. I never believed him but it sounded as if it was because of him that they gave him away to me. My life was given away to a dirty man at the age of five. I learned what the true intentions of Norwan Wright at the age of six. This man wasn't what you would call a nice and sweet man.

He acted sweet around others but when he gets alone with me I am just a tool for him. Norwan Wright was a hideous man who viewed bathing as a last priority than as first. He smelled of ass and spoiled milk. Thing is, he wasn't poor, far from it actually. He just never bathed around me. It was always about me bathing. 

Clean that part before that part, scrub here before there. It gotten to the point that he would literally bathe me himself. His dry crusted hands rubbing around my body was the worst experience I've ever had. I never expected him to be so touchy with his foster child. Though it wasn't the first time he's touched on my so lewdly.

When I had first showed up to his house, I learned immediately that he didn't care. He was nice to me my first year but that second year I was beaten, raped, and left to die far to much. I was six years old, not even old enough to count to 20. Yet I learned that screaming and bleeding was the best way to save myself. 

Even when he wasn't doing mean things to me he would sit in the living room watching things about women screaming while he laughed. He was crazy, he was my devil and i hated him with all my heart. When I turned 12 he looked at me as if i was his, "Little Princess." He would brush my hair and dress me up in bright colored dresses. Only to ruin them by ripping them straight off me and pinning me on my bed raping me. 

"Scream my princess let me hear your voice!" He yelled at me, grabbing my neck with his dry hands. I would scream as loud as I can. So loud my throat felt like i swallowed sand. Why did he treat me like this, what did i do to him? I was always confused about what i did. It didn't help the fact that he would only treat me like this when we are alone. 

School was my safe place, I could be free to walk and talk how I want. It wasn't until I was shunned by my other classmates that i realized i was truly alone. It was my breaking point, that night Wright had the idea to threaten me. He was gonna tie me to the bed and cut me into pieces, or so he said. No luck for him I decided to do it first, from all the things he did to me all it took was for me to snap and drive that knife into his chest.

I never felt so much joy out of watching someone die as i did that day. His eyes were widen with fear while blood poured out his mouth. "You will no longer scare me." I said with  pride. Knowing that my devil had been slain and I was free to leave. Before I left I made sure to grab my things which consisted of a small teddy bear and a photo of my parents.

It was cold that night out on the streets, the wind blew against me as I traveled all the way to my school. When the next morning came I found myself in the principles office under a blanket. "Oh you're awake, i'm glad you aren't harmed." Principle Burke was a nice man. He cared for all the students even for me. 

I assumed he found me outside the gate of the school and decided to take me inside.  Principle Burke was an old black man with a a large grey bread. He sat at his desk as I sat up, he gave me a sweet smile before speaking again, "Rebecca right? What were you doing outside the school gate?" He was straight to the point, there was no reason for me to keep it from him. 

"Wright was hurting me so i did it back to him. He needed to see and feel the pain i felt." I responded slowly and calmly, though the sight of last night flashed in my head numerous times. "Where is Mr. Wright now?" principle asked now pulling out a sheet of paper and pen. "He is still at the house." I answered slowly looking away from principle Burkes gaze.