Chapter 2: Beautiful

It was the next day of school. The day went on almost the same as yesterday the only difference was that Rebecca was now in my group of friends. Even though she doesn't talk to Madeline nor Harrison. She followed us all the way to our chat spot. Which was located by the auditorium under a tree next to a power box. It wasn't the best spot to be hanging out but it kept nosy students out of our business.

"Hey, Dylan did you hear about that new mall that's getting built? It's supposed to be the largest one in the city." Harrison started the conversation about the new mall. It wasn't all that serious but it had a major spot in the story. "Yeah, I saw it when my mom drove past the zone. They sure do work fast already have some of the walls put up." I responded like always, calm. Madeline chuckled and held her index finger to the air.

"Well, I'll be the queen of said mall anyway! I plan to be the first student at Revan High to step foot into the building!" Madeline yelled out in excitement. Her yelling made me and Harrison look at her laughing. I responded with a, "yeah right." While Harrison responded with a, "I'll be sure to join you then." Rebecca simply stood there. Maybe she didn't have any input for our conversation so I tried adding her into it.

"Rebecca, wouldn't it be nice to check out the new mall once it's fully built?" I Asked her now looking her way. She quickly looked away almost as if she was embarrassed to answer. "I'd love to." She said softly. I nodded to her answer before speaking, "well let's all hang out when it's built. I'm sure we will enjoy it completely." As I finished my statement the school bell rang and we all laughed while walking to class.

The school was the same old same old. We didn't all have the same class until 6th period which was an art class. I always loved art, Madeline and Harrison just wanted a chill period. Rebecca on the other hand, I knew nothing of her reasoning for the class. I wasn't sure if I was even allowed to ask her why she got the class. I moved next to her and began to watch her doodle.

She drew singular figures with a large canvas behind it. Almost as if she was drawing her emotions. "What's that you're drawing?" I asked her as she jumped before glancing at me. She shook her head softly before responding, "It's nothing just something I do as a hobby." Her response was quick and quiet. "You have great skill! How about you draw me?" As I asked her she gave me a quick smile before looking around herself.

I did the same, trying to see who she was looking out for. Maybe she was being cautious about who was around but I could tell no one was staring at us. It's an art class after all and many respect each other here. "Are you alright Rebecca?" I asked as I reached forward to touch her shoulder. Giving her a shock as she jumps heavily knocking pencils and pens to the floor. "Ah, I'm sorry, here let me help you." I immediately began to pick up her pencils and pens glancing at her ankles seeing what appeared to be healed scar marks. I took note in my head as I stood back up handing her the pencils and pens. "You didn't have to do that Dylan, I could've done it myself." She said softly.

I shook my head quickly and gave her a proud smile. " It's better that I help you out. After all, it was my fault. I'll leave you to your drawing." As I waved at her I went back to my seat. It wasn't long before the bell rang indicating we can go to our next class. The rest of the day wasn't very important until I made it to Drama club. It was after school and I found Rebecca standing in the back of the auditorium. I assumed she wanted space before Mr. Goose walked up to her.

She was making weird faces to him while he had a more serious look. They were too far for me to hear them fully but I could tell he was scolding her. Assuming it was because she was in the corner I shrug and walk over to the other Drama members. We all chatted it off before a scream echoed in the auditorium. Everyone including me turned around facing Rebecca and Mr. Goose. Her face red his face in shock. Everyone staring in confusion.