Source swap

This could be for any fanfic. I'm calling it "source swap" so it isn't exclusive to just anime or just a book or whatever.

Let's use the animes Blue Exorcist and Attack on Titan as an example.

Let's say Rin Okumura and Eren Jaeger suddenly switch places. This can happen because of almost anything. You have author powers. I picked these two because they have the same voice actor. They can be in relationships (before the switch) if you want to add humor and a ship.

Make sure there's a time limit. 24 hours like that? 3 days? 1 week? It should probably be the same for both characters. There are ways to make different amount of time work, but that can be confusing so having both characters spend equal amounts of time in each others places is just easier.

To come back to how this happened, in this setting specifically, Rin might have annoyed Mephisto while he (Mephisto) was trying to watch Attack on Titan by constantly interrupting and being loud. This would give Mephisto the idea to send Rin into Attack on Titan. Eren and Rin switching bodies may or may not have been an accident. On the flip side, maybe Hanji did it somehow. She/He/They (Hanji's gender is debated and I don't want to upset anyone) is/are Hanji. Nuff said.

Now before I get to the writing questions, can anyone else imagine Rin as Eren being dragged to titan-shifting practice and having no clue what to do? Please someone use this. I need to read this and I don't think I could do this justice. If you do want me to write a story around this idea, please let me know!

Questions:

How did this happen?

How long are the characters stuck this way?

Why these two characters (or more than two if you want)?

How will each character handle this?

If one of the affected characters is in a relationship, how will their partner react?