2

After a fulfilling night of blood, Theo got back home to a sight rather surprising. Katherine- or maybe Elena- he really couldn't be sure, was laying about dead on the stairs. Gray streaks fell down her hair and he questioned wether she wanted to help her. He decided that it'd be too much to risk it being the girl his younger brother seemed to love.

Stefan came downstairs and soon they were taking her to the hospital. Sadly, it ended up actually being Katherine and he hoped the death was lit and painful. Watching her lay there reminded him of her arrival all those years ago. The reason he hated the doppelgänger bitch to begin with.

The day was calm, which was hard to come by in these days with the war going on not two states away. Theo fixed his tie looking at himself in the mirror.

Most men his age were off fighting for the South, but he wasn't one of them. Theodore has asthma, and because of it they wouldn't let him fight. He was no less a man then men like his brother who were able to fight, he just had a minor setback that they weren't willing to risk.

Honestly, he was glad that he couldn't enlist in the war because that meant he got to see the beautiful girl who lived across the way from him.

She had been his friend since they were children. Nothing had really changed about her except the love she found for Theodore. She was quite honestly the prettiest girl Theo laid his eyes on. She had fair porcelain skin with naturally straight blonde hair to match. Her eyes complimented her as they were a bright blue color reminiscent of the sky on a cool winter day. Her beauty seeped farther than just looks, which did seem to change the older she got.

She was a kind, knowledgeable girl who knew she was meant for more than just housework. To most men that would be a drawback, but for Theo, it was more attractive than any other trait. She wanted more than a life in a town. She wanted to see what there was to offer and Theo wanted to show it to her. He just had to prove it was worth it to his father first. Until then he'd see the girl he grew to love and cherish the moments he had with her.

He saw his girl on her balcony. She came out and he smiled brightly. "But soft what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east and my Clara is the sun." He spoke quoting his favorite play from Shakespeare.

"Theo!" She smiled brightly down to the man who awaited her. She had been awaiting his arrival.

"She speaks. O, speak again, bright angel, for thou art as glorious to this night, being over my head, as is a winged messenger in heaven." He continued smiling at her and she listened. She loved the way he spoke Shakespeare.

Clara smiled thinking of what he had been quoting. "Theodore, Oh Theodore, where for art thou Theodore?" She asked as he laughed lightly.

"Clever girl." He replied with a laugh. "I was thinking today we could go on a walk."

"I'd love to." She tucked her hair behind her hair before biting her lip slightly. She ran away and down the stairs as Theo waited patiently for her.

She opened the door and smiled. She ran over and planted her lips on his surprising him slightly. "It's been too long."

"It's been a day." Theodore replied holding her waist slightly.

"A day is too long." Clara added as she smiled to him.

"A day is just fine according to your father." Theo let out a chuckle as he grabbed Clara's hand gently.

"Forbes have always been known as the strict ones. I can't help what he thinks." She shrugged as they walked.