12

Theo took a deep breath. He remembered passing out, maybe he even died. He wasn't sure. He felt his neck and the blood had dried. He realized he was in a room. The moonlight shined through the window and when he looked to his right he saw Stefan dedicated on the bed.

"Stefan." Theo spoke as he looked at his brother. He went over to him and hit the side of his face. "No, no, no." He shook his head.

The door opened and he saw Caroline crying and Elena and Damon right next to him. "You're alive." Caroline said relieved as she came over and hugged Theo. "I thought I lost both of you." She cried as Theo held onto her for comfort.

"What happened?" Theo questioned looking at her, his voice hoarse not only from the sadness but also the loss of blood.

"Julian ripped out his heart but Bonnie said she could figure something out. I just hope it still works." Caroline commented.

Theo looked at his dead brother for a moment before deciding he couldn't anymore. "I need some air." He commented roughly before running his fingers through his hair.

He got outside and he breathed in. He thought he'd stay composed but it didn't work. He started tearing up, looking at the stars trying not to let the tears fall out of his eyes.

Footsteps got closer behind him and Theo immediately knew they belonged to his elder brother. Damon sat down next to Theo and put his hands together. "I thought being in Augustine sucked. It seems out here is just as awful." The younger brother commented blinking away his tears. He cleared his throat.

"We'll figure something out." Damon nodded. "That's the thing with this group. They never stop fighting."

"Back in Mystic Falls... you saved me." Theo commented looking at Damon.

"I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice." Damon replies as Theo put his hand on his brothers shoulder.

"It's just us now." Theo commented and the both of them wanted to break down yet they were the tough ones. Before they turned it had always been them taking the blame, always trying to make sure Stefan lived a life worth living. It became a habit. They always kept a tough persona, but how could they keep it now? They only had it to hide from Stefan but how could they hide when h was just gone?

"I can't say it's easy brother. We both thought you were dead all those years. Maybe Stefan will be just as lucky and he'll come back." Damon suggested.

"Since when were you the optimistic one?" He asked.

"You may not be the youngest but you're still my little brother." Damon replied. "You just forget sometimes." He joked.

"We have to find a way to get him back." Theo shook his head lightly.

"We will. I'll make sure of it." Damon replied as he pat Theo's back before getting up and going back inside.

Theo was upset that he couldn't go back home. He didn't have anything there except the few belongings from a century ago, but it still upset him. He didn't know what else to do. He couldn't just go into the Whitmore dorm again knowing his brothers desiccating body was laying there.

He stood up and got ready to find a victim. He didn't need anything right now except food.

"Theo." The vampire heard as he turned around to see Caroline. "You're still here." She spoke relieved.

"Yeah but I don't plan on staying." He told her.

"Why not?" She asked worried.

"I'm hungry Caroline and my brother and my only friend are dead." He looked at her.