11

Theo was sitting inside the house listening to the conversation downstairs. Something about the travelers getting ready to take Stefan and Elena. He cared, truly, but what was he supposed to do? How was he supposed to be helpful if no one trusted him to help?

They decided to send the two doppelgängers to a hiding spot. Damon and Caroline went with them and as fun as that sounded, Theo didn't want to have to deal with the nagging of any of them and decided it's be best to sit this one out.

That was until he heard people talking downstairs. As he got down he recognized them. Elena's you get brother Jeremy, Matt the human, the Bennett witch, and Douchebag the wolf. He wondered which set of people would be worse.

"What's going on down here?" Theo questioned looking at Tyler who was chained up to a wall in the basement.

"We're trying to help Tyler. Something you wouldn't understand." Matt replied.

"Mmm, Matt, was it?" He asked as Matt nodded. "Well you don't know me. The travelers aren't good, that's for sure and we don't need to loose another person because of them." Theo explained.

"I assume you're doing a spell?" Theo asked looking to the Bennett.

"I can't." She replied. "I can't do magic anymore." She added as Theo looked at her squinting lightly.

"Look man you're not going to be any help here. You might as well just go." Jeremy spoke as Theo looked at him and looked down.

"Alright." Theo spoke before walking out. "I hope you get the passenger out." He added before leaving the house. He didn't know what else he was supposed to do so he sat with Clara.

It was a cool summer day, A nice breeze flew through the trees and the sun was covered by fluffy white clouds. Theo sat on a bench right outside of his home as he read a bit of Romeo and Juliet. It was a light read considering he had read it more than a few times.

It was a common occurrence for Theo to read outside of his home, especially when his favorite seat had a clear view of the home of his favorite maiden. He had known her for years, yes, but only recently did he realize that she was more than just a friend. He had just been waiting for her to realize that too. He read the Shakespeare poem hoping that his own Juliet would walk outside if just for a moment.

As if on que as he looked up he saw the blonde woman walk over to him from her own abode. He quickly looked back down at his book, as if to show that he hadn't been awaiting her arrival.

"Good morning, Mr. Salvatore." She commented.

"Good morning, Ms. Clara." He replied smiling up to her.

"What is it you are reading today?" She asked gently sitting next to the Salvatore. Her enthusiasm was clear, but she tried to make it seem like she was only mildly interested.

"Romeo and Juliet. It's one of my favorites." He commented. "Have you ever read it?"

"I have." She replied. "They both end up dead." She observed.

"Yes because of their families rage." He replied. "If only Romeo had waited a few more moments maybe they'd live a better life."

"They could have been an excellent love story." Clara replied as Theo nodded closing the book. "If only they had thought about their actions."

"A common mistake in most relationships." Theo smiled to her. "A mistake I never plan on making with my own love story."

"I must ask you a question." She urged as Theo nodded. "I have not read more than a few books, but I wish to know everything." She laughed lightly. "I know you love literature so I was hoping that you could maybe-" she paused as he smiled.