☁️

At 3:24 am, a blood curdling scream was heard throughout the Joseph household. Kelly got up out of her bed instantly and was in Tyler's room in a second to see him rocking back and forth while his body trembled and hot tears streamed down his face. She held the teen close to her body and hugged her arms around him tightly.

"Shh shh shh, baby. You're alright." she cooed softly as Tyler's breathing began to slow. He began to stabilize as his heart rate went down. The boy hugged his mother tightly and shook as he tried to normalize his ragged breaths. Soon, he was fine again, but with puffy eyes and a jumpy conscience, "Are you alright? You haven't had one that bad in months..."

"Mhmm... I-I'm good." The boy's soft voice told his mother. She hugged him for a few more minutes before kissing his head and starting back to her own room, "Do you want me to leave the light on, love?"

"No, you can turn it out." Tyler assured her. She nodded softly and flicked the boy's light switch off.

The next morning, Tyler's alarm clock scared him awake. He let out a long breath and got out of bed hesitantly, not wanting to go to school. He showered and pulled a comfy, plush sweater over his head as his still-damp hair was ruffled. He took a small vitamin that his mother had been pushing on him since the 5th grade, so it was just instinct to ingest it now. He frowned when his hair refused to dry itself, so he sighed deeply and turned on his blow dryer and lazily swooped it in circles around his hair. Finally, his brunet fluff sat happily atop his head and he gave his reflection a small smile.

"Ty, you gotta go now if you don't wanna be late!" Kelly yelled from the bottom of the stairs. The boy's mouth went back into a frown as he grabbed his book bag and car keys. His mother made him take an apple for a quick breakfast and kissed his cheek.

Tyler huffed as he started his car and drove silently to school.

☁️ ☁️ ☁️

A/N:
Hi omg! I am so so so excited for this fic. I have a lot of it written already (it's been in my drafts for years) :P
This one is gonna be very comfy. There will be some major conflict, but nothing too heavy! I am so so excited to actually publish this one. Idk how often updates will happen, but I'm gonna try to keep on top of them.

love,
mare