Planned Meeting

A/N:  If you are not super familiar with volleyball that is ok, I am not going to go into a lot of details, however the thing you should know, in American club volleyball, we play 3 set matches, which means the first 2 sets are played to 25 points and if the same team wins both the game is over, and if they each win one, a third set is played to 15 points (no one really likes playing a third set because they are just really annoying and make the whole day last longer). One more thing, volleyball tournaments start at 8:00, but teams will typically arrive at the gym at 7:00, which makes for a very long day.

—–

Jensen was glad to be done filming season 11; he always enjoyed what he did and the people he worked with, but it was hard being away from his wife and daughter. He loved the summer when he could spend almost every day with his girls, except for a few weekends where he was gone for cons mixed in. He was actually looking forward to the Dallas con this year; with filming being done, and him not having to be at the con until Sunday, he and Danneel had decided to fly out on Thursday and visit with his family for part of the weekend. He was looking forward to it and he knew his daughter would enjoy the time with her grandparents; now if he could just convince his mom not to spoil her rotten, this would probably be a pretty good weekend.

Just as he had promised, Jensen helped Rob with the sound check and then drove out to his parents' house for dinner. He missed home cooked meals in Vancouver; craft service was pretty good but there was just no love involved like there was in any of his mom or Dee's cooking.

"Oh, there is nothing like a home cooked meal. Thanks, Mom. That was delicious."

Donna smiled at her younger son, it was so good to see him at her table again. "Your welcome, baby. I'm glad you enjoyed it. The guest rooms are set up for ya'll. You can stay up and visit or turn in. I'm sure ya'll are tired and we can visit tomorrow."

"Thanks, Donna. I'm going to take JJ upstairs and get her ready for bed. Goodnight, Alan, Donna." The young parents looked at their tired two-year-old who was nodding off at the table, traveling was exhausting even when you were excited to see family.

"I'm right behind you, Babe. Goodnight guys."

The Ackles spent all of Friday relaxing together and catching up. Saturday was another lazy day until Jensen got a phone call from a familiar number and a long-time friend. "Hey, Clif, how's it going man?"

"I'm good man, sorry to bother you on your day off though."

"No, it's alright. Is everything ok?"

"Yeah, I think so. I just got this weird text the other day addressed to Dee and I wasn't going to worry about it, but I decided I should check with you..."

"Oh, yeah! It's from (Y/N), right? We met at the airport and were going to try to meet up for dinner since we are both in Dallas this weekend. She's either the best actress I've ever met in my life or she has no clue who I am. Can you send me her number? I'll text her from my phone."

"Are you sure about this man? Using your personal cell phone number may not be the best idea..."

"I think it will be ok, and I can always block her number if I'm wrong, right?"

"Yeah, you're right. Alright, I'll forward the text to you. Don't forget you need to be back in Dallas proper tonight, so I can get you places on time tomorrow."

"No worries, man, I'll be there. Talk to you later, buddy."

Jensen's phone beeped a second later with the forwarded text from Clif. Now, how to explain why he was texting (Y/N) instead of Dee...

—–

It had been a grueling two days of volleyball. Friday morning you played your typical three matches, winning your first two matches and losing the third, each in a quick two sets. Saturday had gone just as well, losing the first match, but winning the second and third, all dragging out to a dreaded third set. Your team was finally able to leave the gym after six and a half hours of bright lights, high pitched screeches from hundreds of girls, and the distinct tweets of whistles. You loved it, lived for it even, but at the end of a tournament day, you needed out of the gym. National qualifiers were even harder because it was hundreds of courts with nonstop games but the sights and sounds got to you and could easily trigger a migraine.