Worried

A/N: not a doctor, so anything mentioned is based off medical shows I have seen

—–  

Jensen couldn't focus on anything; Dee had assured him that everything was fine, she was probably talking to her professor or some friends, maybe there was a wreck and she was stuck in traffic. Granted they both figured (Y/N) would have called or sent a text if she was going to be late and at this point she should have been home over an hour ago, so yeah, Jensen couldn't focus. His wife had sent a text at the half hour mark and again at the hour mark, but they still had not gotten a reply. Jensen had been watching Danneel closely, she may have carefully crafted a calm demeanor to keep their three-year old distracted, but he could read her like a giant flashing billboard: Mama Bear is Freaking Out.

"That's it, I'm calling her. This is ridiculous," he huffed in annoyance. He grabbed his phone off the kitchen counter where he had been having a good old-fashioned stare down with it and began to scroll through his contacts when miracle of miracles, the phone rang- the home phone. Who in the world even has our home number?

"Hello?"

"Hello, may I speak with Mrs. Ackles, please?"

"Uh, this is her husband. Can I ask what this is about?"

"I'm sorry sir. I need to speak directly with Mrs. Ackles. Is she available?"

"Can you at least tell me who's calling before I hand her the phone?"

"I'm calling from the University of Texas at Austin. I'm afraid that's all I can say to you sir."

"Ok, I get it, I get it. Her she is."

Dee looked extremely confused but took the proffered device, "Hello?"

Jensen watched her face for any indication of who was on the phone as he could only hear her half of the conversation, "Yes, this is she...yes, she currently lives with me...no she had class this afternoon, but we haven't heard from her; she should have been home by now...she's what?! Is she ok?!"

Jensen assumed it had to do with (Y/N) if the school was calling Dee; when she agreed to be their nanny the question of emergency contacts had come up. After a lot of back and forth debate between her parents, Dee, and himself, it was decided that Dee would be the emergency contact for (Y/N) as she was the only person who would almost always be in Austin. Jensen would be contacted if the school could not reach Dee, and Gen would be number three. (Y/N)'s parents would be contacted after the fact so as not to worry them unnecessarily except in life-threatening situations when Dee (or whichever contact was reached) would call them immediately.

When Dee started asking if she was ok, Jensen knew he had been right all along: something was wrong. "Babe, what's going on? Is she ok?"

Dee glared at him and shoved her finger in his face as she continued to listen to the ominous voice on the phone, "Ok, we'll be there as soon as we can. Thank you for letting me know." She hung up the phone and heaved out a sigh worthy of Atlas. "Something happened at school, they don't have very many details yet, but," her breath hitched, and she looked so weary he just wanted to hold her and tell her everything would be ok.

Dee took a deep breath, clenched her jaw and her fist, "She's at St. David's Medical Center. They wouldn't tell me anything else until we get there. Can you call Gen, have her meet us there, take JJ for the night? I don't know what we're walking into, but I don't want her to see until we can prepare her a little bit. I'm going to back her a bag really quick and then we need to go."

Jensen absorbed everything his wife said in a daze; he had so many questions, he wanted to give her a hug and tell her he would make it all better, but then she was walking out of the kitchen and he jumped into gear to call his best friend's wife.