Timestamp: Mulberry

This fills in my square "Mulberry" on my spnonewordbingo card. When I got it, I thought "What on earth am I going to do with that square?" The other night, my extensive movie quote knowledge payed off...read on to find out how! The word is in bold because it is so subtle, it shouldn't even count.

In my mind, Chapter 15 takes place in late September 2018. This takes place late July 2018.

-----

"What does that say?"

Dani patiently read the words to her five-year-old, beating you by half a breath. The three of you were lounging in the blanket fort having a lazy Friday night; the twins were down for the night, Jay was working, and you didn't start school for several more weeks.

When JJ had asked if the three of you could build a blanket fort and watch a movie, Dani readily agreed on one condition, "(Y/N) picks the movie or no fort."

You thought this seemed like an odd rule as did JJ if her furrowed brow and downturned lips were anything to go by.

Dani elaborated before either of you could ask, "Baby, (Y/N) has been living with us for almost two years and I don't think she has ever picked what movie you two have watched. It's her turn."

"Ok, Mommy...(Y/N), can we watch Moana?"

"JJ, that's not- You know what? You and I are going to stay here and build the fort, (Y/N) is going to go pick the movie on her own, and we are going to watch whatever she picks without any complaining."

You were still confused but you had done as you were told; you went through JJ's extensive collection, nothing catching your eye. You wandered to your own room and glanced over your smaller assortment of DVD's, a couple things catching your eye (Crazy Rich Asians, Bride Wars) but neither were appropriate for JJ. You kept going when you stumbled across two potential winners, A Cinderella Story and What a Girl Wants.

You went back and forth between the two, weighing the pros and cons of early 2000s Amanda Bynes, Colin Firth, and their United Kingdom adventure vs. Hilary Duff, Chad Michael Murray, and their high school romance. You decided to bring them both and see what Dani thought since they were both rated PG; JJ was only five after all. You grabbed Zootopia from JJ's room too, just in case you needed a kid friendly back up.

Dani had taken one look at your choices and nodded to all three. You decided on What a Girl Wants, remembering how much you had enjoyed watching it with your own mom when it came out in theaters before she decided she was too busy to do anything with you.

You tuned back into the movie in time to watch Daphne descend the stairs and give her name to the announcer, "Miss Daphne Reynolds, 413 Mulberry Street, Chinatown, New York."

"That's a pretty dress," JJ informed you. "Have you ever worn a dress like that, (Y/N)?"

"Nope, I don't have any where to wear something like that, honey."

"Mommy wears dresses like that sometimes. You should go with her next time so you can wear a pretty dress too."

You snorted at the idea of attending a fancy Hollywood event at the same time Dani responded, "If you want to, (Y/N), there's an event coming up in a couple months for the show. You would be more than welcome to come."

"Oh! Um, Dani, that's um, that's so nice of you to offer, but that's-that's not- I couldn't. I still haven't even seen the show."

"Well, just think about it and let me know. You might have fun."

"And then you could wear a pretty dress like Mommy and Daphne!"

"Ok, you two. I'll think about it, but no promises."

-----

If you would like to watch the scene referenced here (and check that I was accurate with Daphne's address), you can do so below.

Don't hate me for (Y/N) not having watched Supernatural. It has a purpose and all will be revealed eventually!

Link to clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPu6DXTG2ps&t=28s&index=2&list=PLgI2ERgerT8hnwuZ0dcoFzkg5sKY6cJVS