Chapter 13 - Carly

Thursday Morning

I woke up as usual to the loud ring of my alarm. Quick as possible I turn to my side and turn it off, stopping the annoying ringing sound it creates. I groan and rub at my eyes, stretching my body out at the same time, my toes curling into the sheet. I let out a sigh and sit up, pushing my hair out of my face.

Turning to the left I look at the clock on my bedside table. 6:00 am it reads. 6 in the morning. On my day off!

I groan and rub at my face again. I can't believe I'm awake on the first day I get a sleep in. Shaking my head at my stupidity I roll out of bed and make my way out of my room and into the hallway. To my right is the bathroom, so I head inside it. I may as well get ready for the day. I've never been one to fall back asleep once I'm up. In the bathroom I slip off my Scooby Doo sleep shirt, throwing it into the hamper beside the door. I slide down my black panties and chuck them into the hamper as well. My nipples instantly harden from the coolness of the bathroom. I shiver, goosebumps forming on my arms as I step into the 2-in-1 shower and bath. I step away from the spray of water as I adjust the temperature to my liking.

Once the water is heated up I step into the spray, moaning as the heat hits my cold skin. The fogginess of sleep washing away, clearing my foggy mind. I tilt my head back, soaking my hair.

The only plus to this really early shower is that it's alone. My only alone time. If I try to have one of an afternoon, Jay is sure to follow. And even though I love that little boy with my entire being, it's nice not to have to dodge toys and continuously tell him not to touch the shower knobs.

He's such a cutie though even if he's continually reminding me about the man I'm trying hard to not think about. His current obsession, thanks to Slash, is motorbikes. He cried so badly in the store the other day after seeing a matching doona and pillow motorbike set and ultimately had me spending my spare $50 to get it for him. I have to admit though, the smile I earned when I put it on his bed later that night made it all worth it. He's been constantly asking when Slash can come and see it. Ever since the beach, he asks about Slash every single day. Wanting to know when he can see him next. My little boy seems to have grown and instant attraction to the big scary-hot biker. And that scares me.

I've tried so hard, for so long to stay away from men and to keep Jay safe from any heartbreak. I don't know what to do with this situation. I don't know if I'm ready to take a chance with Slash properly. Not after 'him'. He's yet to ask about where his dad is, and I'm not too keen on answering that question. In a perfect world, I'd love for Jay to have a loving father to teach him how to ride his first bike, how to kick a goal and teach him how to be a good man. But life doesn't always work the way we want it.

I thank my lucky stars that I left that day, because if I hadn't, I know I wouldn't have Jay with my today. And I couldn't imagine my life without that little boy.

I smile to myself and finish washing my hair, shampooing and conditioning it before rinsing it out and stepping out of the shower. I quickly wrap a towel around myself and another around my hair. I walk out of the bathroom and back into my room, searching for something to wear. Something to wear... Crap! Sugar Honey Iced Tea! How could I forget! What am I meant to wear! What do you even wear on a bike! Arggghh!

I quickly pull open my chest of drawers, pulling clothes out left and right, chucking them behind me onto my bed. I turn around in a huff and march to my bed, searching the pile of clothes for something suitable.

I settle on a black pair of tight jeans that hug my curves perfectly, a light blue cardigan and a black faux leather jacket I brought at a pop-up market a few months ago. I grab my black converse sneakers and slip them on after I finish getting dressed. I move to my door and close it, seeing myself in the mirror that hangs over my door by metal hooks. I do a quick turn and check my outfit out. See that I'm pretty well covered and that everything matches okay, I smile. Crisis averted. I unwrap my hair from the towel and give it a quick towel dry.