Chapter 14 - Slash

I'd been a ball of fumbling nerves all morning. I'd poured my coffee into my cereal, put my shirt on backward, and put my keys in my saddlebag. Overall, I was a mess. 

I can't believe I'm going on an actual date. I can't believe I asked. 

Fuck me, I hated this. 

I run my hands down my face, growling at my thoughts. I've never been like this before and I won't start now. 

I sigh and stand up from the couch in the main room of the clubhouse. I turn and make my way to Prez's office. The thick wooden door is in front of me, with a gold plaque stating 'PRESIDENT' on it for all to see. I raise my hand and knock on the door. 

"Come in," he says. I turn the knob and open the door, stepping inside. Prez is sitting behind his desk with is in front of me. His office is quite spacious, a large wooden desk in the middle with two seats in front of it, a 2-seater couch to his right, and a bathroom beside that. The other side is a large filing cabinet with a bar fridge next to it. 

"Slash, what brings you to my humble abode?" Prez asks, snapping me out of my little daydream. I turn to him and stroll over, sitting in one of the seats across from him. 

I sigh and lean back in the seat, staring across at him. "I'm going on a... Date," I say, keeping my face expressionless as I wait for him. It doesn't take long though. A big ass smirk appears on his face almost immediately. 

"A date. You, Slash, are going on a date?" he says with laughter in his voice. 

"Yes, a date. So what the fuck do I do?" I growl out, hating the teasing tone in his voice. 

Prez leans back in his chair, smirk still present as he stares at me. After what seems like hours he folds his arms across his chest and leans forward, bracing his arms on the desk. 

"Why don't you take her for a ride?" he says. I give him a 'no shit' look and roll my eyes. 

"Ha-ha, well what do you expect from me? The only date I've been on is one where Mary makes me pull over on the side of the road and fuck her against my bike," he says triumphantly. 

I groan and fall back against the seat, running a hand through my hair. "No fucking help..." I mumble and stand. "See ya' later, Prez." 

I walk over and open the door, stepping out and closing it behind me, the sound of Prez breaking out in laughter fading out. I shake my head and wander back into the main room. I pull out my phone and look at the time. 9:30 am. I need to make tracks. 

I head out of the clubhouse and go to my bike. I quickly hop on and put the key in the ignition, bringing my baby to life. I pull out of the compound and onto the open road, revving my bike as I exit the woods, onto the highway. 

I let my worries leave me as I focus on the road, feeling the wind through my hair. Nothing can compare to the freedom of riding my bike. 

I take my time riding through the streets of Railey, pushing back my nerves. Too soon I'm pulling up to Carly's apartment complex. 

I pull into the car park, parking next to Carly's beat up car. That thing should have been condemned years ago. I shake my head and lift my leg over my bike, climbing off. I take my keys from the ignition, shoving them into my back pocket. 

I make my way up the stairs quickly, arriving in front of Carly's door. Movement catches my eye, making me turn my head to look at the door next to Carly's. I frown at the little window where the curtain had moved and snarl. Nosey fuckers. 

I shake my head and raise my knuckles to the door, halting as my worries hit me full on. I swallow past the lump in my throat and take a deep breath. Nothing to worry about. It's just a date. Not like I'm asking her to marry me or some shit.