Chapter 17 - Carly

Chapter 17 - Carly

It's Saturday now and I'm putting together the finishing touches for Jay's birthday party. Jay is currently with Slash, (yes, I said Slash). They're at the grocery store picking up some last minute snacks for his party that I forgot on Thursday.

I look around at the small playground and smile. I've got balloons tied all around the surrounding gate, on the picnic tables and the shaded BBQ area. As well as streamers hanging from the BBQ area with a banner saying 'Happy 3rd Birthday' in bright colourful font.

Everything has come together. From the decorations to the food and the little pile of presents on top of the main table, waiting for Jay to see. His friends from the Daycare Centre have been filtering in slowly for the past half an hour, as well as a few of the kids of the Broken Knights MC with their mothers and some of them, fathers.

Everyone is laughing, the kids are running around the playground with their boundless energy, making everyone smile wider at their antics.

I hear the beep of a horn from the carpark at the back of the playground. I turn and see Slash helping Jay out of his seat, the cutest little zebra sleeping mask covering his eyes so he can't see. I whistle to the kids, ushering them silently to come and gather in front of the BBQ, their parents helping me along. Ruthie comes up beside me, laying a hand on my shoulder, giving it a small squeeze as we watch Slash get nearer with Jay on his hip, grocery bag hanging from his free hand.

"Slash," my boy says, no longer sounding out a 'w' sound with his words. "Where is we goin'?" he asks, his hands patting Slash's face.

"Nearly there buddy," Says Slash, his husky voice hitting me, sending a thrill from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. "Annnnd, we're here. Ready?" Asks Slash, looking at me for reassurance.

I nod my head, feeling myself grin from ear to ear. He places Slash on his feet, turning him to face the small crowd. Gently Slash lifts the blindfold from his eyes, making Jay blink to clear his vision.

"SURPRISE!!!" We all yell, clapping our hands. Jay looks up at us all, his mouth wide as he takes in all the decorations, presents and his friends. I walk over and lift him into my arms, kissing his cheek.

"Happy Birthday my special boy!" I say, giving him another kiss that he promptly wipes away.

"Ew Mumma, my friends is watching!" he exclaims, his little cheeks flushing red as I chuckle.

"Okay, okay. No more kisses," I say, setting him on the ground. Forgetting me in his excitement, he runs over to his friends that all wish him a Happy Birthday. I smile at the scene as I feel a presence behind me and a strong hand wrap around my waist, pulling me back against the rock hard body.

Instantly I know it's Slash. I lean back into his chest, hugging the arm around my waist. In the past few weeks, he's managed to break down so many of the walls I had fought to build. To hide me from the memories that still haunt me. The nightmares are still frequent and I find myself scared that Slash will soon find out about them. I don't know if I'm ready for him to know the truth. To know my horrible past.

"You did good babe, it came together great," he says, leaning down to whisper in my ear. I smile and nod my head, spotting Jay out in the crowd. He's currently running around the playground with his friends, the look of joy on his face is priceless and I'll do everything I can to keep it there. 

"I'm just glad to see him so happy. We've never been in one place so long that he could make friends like this... " I say softly, cuddling into Slash's embrace.

"Hm, and I hope you're staying around for a lot longer babe," says Slash, sitting his chin on top of my head. 

I giggle softly, lifting my head up to see him above me. "Maybe I can be convinced?" I say softly.

Slash's face lights up with a wolfish grin, "Well babe, I'm more than happy to convince you any time you need," he says, leaning down and kissing the tip of my nose. 

I blush softly, sucking my lower lip between my teeth. "Maybe later... You know... After Jay's party," I say with a small grin of my own. Slash's body vibrates with his silent laughter as he nods his head. 

"I'll be holding you to that, babe," he says, softly pecking my lips before straightening up. 

"Carly, dear! Another guest has arrived!" Says Ruthie, loudly as she walks over to us. "He said he was here to speak with you. I don't know him, so he must be someone from your family dear?" she asks. 

"W-What?" I stutter. Another guest? Everyone who was invited is here. And I don't have any family that would come here. "Where is he, Ruthie?" I ask, looking around the party area. 

"He's coming in from the carpark now. Said you both go way back?" she says, pointing over towards the carpark. 

Swallowing hard I turn my head towards the carpark. What I see makes my heart stop, cold spreading through my body. No, no, no! He shouldn't be here! 

My head fills with pictures of Jay and I instantly search the playground until I spot him on top of one of the structures with his friends, oblivious to the danger approaching me. Slowly I turn back to the man in question. The man who hurt me, who broke me until I was nothing but a shell of my former self. The man who still wakes me up nearly every night with nightmares. 

"Ah, there you are Princess. I thought I'd never find you," he says, his voice hard and rough as his eyes pierce me with their cold, dead stare. 

"S-Sam w-why are y-you h-here," I manage to stutter, clutching my hands in front of me to stop my entire body from shaking in his presence. 

"What a silly question. I'm here to get you of course. This little game of yours has run its course. Although my son was an interesting twist. Imagine keeping a child from its father. That's low, even for you Princess," he says with a sneer.

I can feel the fear from all those years under his abuse wrapping itself around me, threatening to choke me with its pressure. I open my mouth to try and speak when Slash pulls me back against him, wrapping an arm around my waist. 

"Who the fuck are you? And what do you want with Carly and Jay?" he growls, keeping me pressed against him. 

"Oh? She didn't tell you? Well, that doesn't surprise me. She always preferred to open her legs instead of speaking. Guess nothing has changed. But, to answer your question. I'm Sam, her husband." he says, smirking at Slash and me. 

"Husband?" Slash grounds out, his grip around my waist tightening. 

Well, that Chapter 17 for you!!! 

I know it's a bit short, but...

I hoped you all liked it! 

What do you think will happen with Slash and Carly now? 
Will Jay find out who his father is?
Will Sam, king of all bastards, get what he wants?
Or will the Broken Knights band together to fight off the impending evil??

Give me your thoughts and opinions in the comment section! 
Any feedback is great feedback, good or bad. 

And I love reading it!

Please Vote, comment and follow me!

Also, adding this book to your library ensures you'll receive a notification EVERY time this book is updated! :)

See ya'll again in Chapter 18!