08:00- This Damsel Is Not In Distress

CINDERELVIS

Created By; Snow Marisvega

Chapter eight

FLASHBACK
10 months ago.

I didn't have any sleep last night, how could I? On this day it was gonna make it five years since my mom passed. Five years and yet it seemed like it was just yesterday she passed away and told me she loved me. It still felt like it was yesterday I attended her funeral. It was still a fresh wound. Her memory was still fresh.

I was awake even before my alarm rang, I turned it off and sat up. Today was gonna be a bad day, I could tell. I didn't want to get up from bed today, I couldn't believe it had been five years. I opened my drawer and pulled out the small photo frame of her, she was smiling widely in it as if dad had said something really funny when taking this. I smiled but yet my chest hurt, I felt my chest tighten and soon the tears fell. I hugged her photo, holding it against my chest as I laid back on the bed and cried like I always did on this day.

You would think after five years someone would be over this, how could I? It had just been FIVE. It could even be twenty and I'd still cry. I hated this day so much.

Why'd she have to leave? Why'd she have to die and leave me to feel empty? I miss her so much.

I couldn't hold back my tears as I cried and held the photo frame tighter. My phone rang and I knew it was Alex calling me to check on me, I couldn't answer just yet. I wiped off my tears and picked up my phone from the top of the drawer.

It was her.

I sniffed and decided to fake being okay. "Hey,"

"Hey. Baby, how are you?"

"Great. I'm fine." I answered, sounding as cheerful as I could.

"You're not okay, are you?"

"I am."

"Elvis." She called my name softly and i couldn't pretend anymore, my heart felt like it'd be stabbed.

I cried.

"I miss her, Alex."

"I know you do." She replied softly, I shook my head.

"No. She's supposed to be here, she's supposed to be here for my graduation and make breakfast and tell me she loves me and come to my wedding but...but she's not...she's not here, Alex. What am I gonna do?"

"What you've always been doing for the past five years, sweetie. Be strong. You need to be strong for your mother if you want her where she is, baby."

I shook my head, unable to say anything as I cried.

"It's okay sweetie, I'm here."

I did nothing but cry for fifteen minutes and Alex didn't once leave, she spoke to me and comforted me through the phone. My father used to always come into the room and we'd stay up in my bed and talk about mom and then he'd bring up the funny memories and make me laugh then cry but I guess not today.

I had showered afterwards and put on a black shirt and black pants. I needed to be ready, dad and I were gonna go to the cemetery to visit her and drop a flower. We always did this and I needed to look great for her. I packed my hair into a man-bun and walked outta my room, shutting my door behind me. I knew he'd have to be downstairs, we needed to leave early so we could come back on time and watch Titanic, mom's favorite movie.