Chaper 91

After I had left Hayley and Klaus, I soon found my way back to Mary's shack, finding her talking with Jackson. Night had fallen, the only light source being the moon and the few candles in the shack.

Before I get a chance to knock on the door, Jackson comes barrelling out the door, worry etched on his features.

"Where's Hayley?"

"She's having a little chat with Klaus-"

"You left your sister with that maniac!?"

"I left my sister with the man I trust most in this world." I glare at him, crossing my arms over my chest. "We need to talk."

He looks around the Bayou before fixing his eyes on me. "I want your word. This is between me and you."

"You have my word." I nod. We walk away from the shack and deeper into the forest. Silence takes the form of crickets and frogs beneath the tall grass, a relaxing feeling easing my anger ever so slightly.

"Is Hayley safe-"

"The weddings off."

He pauses in his step and looks me over.

"What? No-"

"Yes. Hayley can't marry you Jack."

"You're wrong!" He begins pacing, pointing an accusing finger at me and biting his lip as growls slip free.

"Rarely. To you and Hayley this marriage is about winning territories and making the wolves powerful. None of that matters now. It's too risky."

"Risky!? Bullshit. When are our lives ever not risky?"

"Exactly. But this is a risk I won't allow Hayley to take."

"Allow her? You're making no sense. Is this about the whole secrecy thing? You don't want her to spill the beans on a Mikaelson family secret?"

I shake my head, angry at his sarcastic tone. "I can't tell you."

"You just did." He scoffs. "You're not allowing Hayley to marry the guy she loves because of one of your sordid secrets. Fuck Felicity! If that's what you're worried about then fuck it! I'm not going to tell a soul one of your petty secret."

"It's not petty. And it's just not happening Jackson. Don't push it." I growl which only causes him to step closer to me, sizing me up.

He moves his hand up towards me but I use my hybrid speed to grab it, unsure of what he was thinking. "You really want to try it? I'm a freaking Hybrid!"

My fingers wrap around his neck as he goes to punch me in the stomach. I gasp as the wind is knocked from my chest, my body crashing to the ground. My blood pumps furiously and I choke out a cough, a knee slamming into my stomach. Whoever this is, they are strong.

I scream out in pain as they punch me in the face, their hand then wrapping around my throat as they straddle my waist.

"So am I."

I begin to cough as she chokes me, her grip tightening.

"Hayley, how-"

"Klaus. I took your blood from the vials and I drank them. He's easier to kill then you think."

She lets go of my throat and jumps off of my body. I gasp for air, the oxygen returning to my blue lips. I go to lunge at her for killing Klaus before it hits me.

"But that means-"

"You're dead?" Jackson questions, staring at Hayley with wide eyes. She nods and turns back to me. Seconds later, Klaus vamps next to me, his eyes fixed on Hayley with fury.