Chapter 154

Bringing my hand to my head, I wince in pain. I open my eyes and look around, finding myself on the compound floor. Freya smiles at me, stretching out a hand and helping me sit up. I notice the fracture in the protective circle.

"Did it work?" I touch my stomach. "Are we alive?" She grins eagerly at me.

"You're alive."

"Where is she!?"

"Niklaus, don't-"

Their voices come to a halt as Klaus charges in the room. He pauses, his feet glued to the floor. His eyes are wide and wet, pain swirling in the sea blue depths. His lips part, a shaky intake of breath leaves him speechless. He turns to Freya then to Elijah before fixing his eyes back on me. I feel tears wet my cheeks as I take him in as if the first time seeing an angel.

"Did it work? Is this real?" He asks Freya. Bringing her hands to her lips, Freya smiles and nods. "Oh god..." He stutters, breaking out into a run to get to me. He slams his body into mine, wrapping his arms around me so tightly he squeezes the air from my lungs.

"Nik."

"You're alive." He cries, his fingers weaving into my hair. "I lost you."

"I'm right here, baby." I say, tears wetting his shirt.

"I need you little wolf, I need you more than I need anything else. Please, please don't leave me."

"I'm not going anywhere, Nik. You have me."

"I love you so much. My god, I love you so much. I'm never letting you go again." He cries, his tears dripping down onto my hair.

"I'm sorry." I cry, my chest heaving as he holds me close, my belly stopping our chests from touching. "I love you."

He wipes my tears with the pads of his thumb, resting his forehead against mine before pressing his lips to mine with such passion, my heart swells.

"How are you here? What happened?" He asks, pulling away from me to look me over. He rests his hand on my stomach, looking up to me with anxious concern. "Is the baby okay? Are you okay?"

"The baby's fine. I'm fine too. He's been going wild ever since we came back, kicking my organs about like a football."

He smiles, swirling his thumb over my bump.

"She's a fighter."

"He's a fighter." I tease, relishing in the familiarity of it all. "He's the reason we're here." He furrows his brows, sliding his hands into mine. I sniff away the tears, a smile forming on my lips at the strength of my child. "He's a Mikaelson witch. A New Orleans witch meaning when I... died, the baby died too, taking us both to the ancestors."

His face falls at the mention of the witches.

"They wanted to use the baby's power and Kara, the witch I killed, wanted her revenge for what I did to her and the witches. Davina told Freya what happened and she worked her magic and well, here I am."

"Here you are." He grins, his messy hair falling over his forehead. "The baby saved you both."

"Miracle baby number two." He brings his hand to my neck, his thumb tracing the curves of my lip as his eyes light up in awe.