The meadow

The next morning when the sun had risen I slid from the bed to go and take a quick shower with Edward. Showers with my love were the best time for us to be alone in our house. Normally we would give each other attention during the night but since Resnemee slept with us we didn't really get the chance.

When it comes to Vampires we rarely have to take baths because we don't dirty as quickly as humans do. We didn't have to worry about sweat, body secretions or anything of that type. Only when we felt like it we showered.

Since I was used to taking showers twice a day as a human I needed atleast one shower a day, whether it be in the morning or at night.

After I felt properly cleaned I got out and dried off before I hurried to my closet. Luckily I was able to tell that Renesmee was still asleep because I wasn't comfortable being unclothed infront of her.

When it came down to being a mother I was still learning things. Rosalie reassured me that taking a bath with your child is a bonding time. She said it was normal and every mother did it these days.

Maybe tonight I would ask Rose if I could use her oversized bath.

"So I was thinking-" I began as I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans. "-We should go to our meadow."

I pulled a shirt over my head and straightened out the creases and wrinkles before I stepped into my boots.

"Well Rosalie wouldn't mind babysitting so once Renesmee wakes up-"

I cut Edward off with a shake of my head.

If I was going to be going to our meadow for the first time since I was married I wanted to take my daughter. So many times I had told her about the special place that only me and her father knew about but yet had I taken her to see it with her own eyes.

"I was thinking we take our daughter with us." I suggested.

Suddenly Edward turned his head towards the direction of the bedroom and quickly buttoned his jeans.

I didn't need to be told to know that she had just waken up.

I hurried from my closet and lifted her into my arms before I spun her around quickly.

"How is my girl doing this morning?" I asked.

Renesmee held up her hand but then dropped it. "I'm want to see grampa." She said clearly, her voice ringing like bells.

My eyes widened slightly at the sound of her voice. This was one of the few times that she spoke instead of using her gift. Even though it wasn't the first time I've heard her voice it surprised me everytime.

"Mommy likes hearing your voice." I smiled.

"Do you really?" She asked me.

I nodded my head. "Every syllable."

Renesmee turned her head and her eyes lit up as Edward walked into the room from the closet. Renesmee reached her hand out towards Edward who then looked at me.

"Renesmee, you won't be seeing Charlie today. Instead your mother and I are taking you to-"

"-To see a surprise." I cut in.

Edward smirked. "Well it seems your mother wants to keep the destination a secret."

I loved giving Renesmee surprises and she loved them just as much. The only problem was Renesmee's undying curiosity and my weakness for giving into it. This time though I was determined as this surprise was a great one, my daughter would be seeing the meadow that her father and I spent so much time in.