Aurora and Guardian

I always knew my life would be different then the average being but I never would have guessed in a million years that it would turn out like this. Don't get me wrong I love my life but sometimes it can get scary complicated. ~Renesmee

I stood pondering over the words Jacob spoke and the addition my mother put in. I had two soul mates. In the next thirteen seconds that I had checked out my father had entered and right behind him was Wyatt. When Jacob spotted him the tensions rose to a stressful high.

"What is he doing here!" Jacob growled.

He took several steps forward and snatched Wyatt up by his shirt.

Wyatt held up his hands in surrender. "Hey man it ain't what it seems." he defended.

Jacob started twitching and I knew he was close to phasing via anger. "Stop lying you and I both know what that mark on your arm stands for. Only a wolf who has imprinted on another wolves imprint gains that." jake ended with a hiss.

Wyatt's eyes grew to the size of tea saucers and for several moments he was quiet.

"You think this mark is because I..." Wyatt said slightly stunned. He looked. Between Jake and I and quickly shook his head. "You have got it all wrong I have imprinted but not on her."

I blinked my eyes as if it would help me to hear better. So Wyatt didn't imprint on me like my family thought that meant Jake and I were soul mates. That's one less obstacle for my future. Our future.

Jake released his grip on Wyatt and crossed his arms as if he wanted an explanation. I watched as Wyatt crossed the room to my side and pointed at me.

"She isn't my imprint she is my equal." he said before lifting up the sleeve of my shirt.

In the exact same place his marking was I had one too only it was slightly different. His was black and mine was white. There was a sun a moon and a star.

"What does it mean?" I asked in unison with my father who was just as curious.

"It means we need to stick close together. You and I were marked equals because neither can live without the other." Jacob growled at those words causing Wyatt to glance in his direction. "What I am saying is in order for us both to survive we need to stick together."

What could be so dangerous in my life to cause this to happen? What turmoil was in my life to cause me to be marked as an equal for protection. Then it hit me, from our previous conversation Wyatt said he could help protect me from the Volturi.

"If this is true where is your soul mate and why isn't she with you?" Jacob asked eagerly.

Wyatt turned to look at him. "Aurora is out tending to her needs." he said simply.

"If she is your imprint you should be by her side. Aren't you afraid that she will get hurt?" Jake retorted.

"One would think that but she is safe. She rides with her twin and he keeps her safe, not like she needs it." he smirked.

This gained looks from everyone in the room including myself. Rose and the twins even joined in from the curiosity and direction of the conversation.

"Explain." Rosalie chimed.

"My imprint is a hybrid like myself except-"

"-Different." my father finished. "It's fascinating."

Wyatt looked at my father slightly confused.

"My father reads minds." I explained to Wyatt.

He nodded his head and then continued on with the conversation.