The talk

After I had gotten dressed I quickly left the bedroom in search of my daughter to explain what she may or may not have seen. I had it decided in my mind what I would explain to her but deep down inside I wasn't ready to have that talk with her yet. Unfortunately I might not have any choice.

As I walked into the room beside mine I was quickly distracted by the decor. This room was easily decorated by Rosalie, unless Emmett had some good taste when it came to decorating a girls room. Still where would his motive be?

"Bella, er, I didn't mean to walk in on you." Jacob apologized, looking everywhere but my eyes.

"First off I don't need an apology there was no harm done, you thought I was in trouble. What I'm here for is to have 'the' talk with Renesmee." I said as I walked towards my daughter who was sitting in Jakes lap.

The door opened again and I knew Edward entered the room. I walked over and sat down beside Renesmee. For several seconds I jiggled my leg, occasionally looking from Edward to Renesmee and then back to my feet.

This was going to be harder then I thought. The speech I had thought out in my mind seemed to just flitter away. It was like I had stage fright and couldn't carry on. If I was a human I'd be sweating massive bullets right now and then possibly fainting.

Finally I cleared my throat. "So, what you saw earlier-"

"Save your breath, I already talked to her about it. She understands." Jake replied cooly.

I froze in my steps as I comprehended what Jacob had said to me. He had talked to my daughter about sex. A hiss quickly rose up my throat. "YOU DID WHAT!" I shrieked.

"Renesmee come." I heard Edward call out.

I watched as she slid down from Jakes lap and crossed the room. When I knew she was safe in his arms I cleared the rest of the room to stand half an inch from Jake. I could feel the heat rolling off his body, it was uncomfortably warm.

"You have twenty seconds to tell me everything you told her, now." I gritted through my teeth.

Jake took a couple steps back and held up his hands. "Why don't you just ask her yourself-"

"Fifteen seconds!" I snapped, another growl rolling through me.

"Okay, okay! I just told her that what you and Edward were doing was called making love." Another growl ripped through me. "I explained that when two people have been in love for a really long time they get married and then they make love."

"Is that all?" I hissed.

"I may have added that sometimes when a married couple make love they create a child." He added hurridly.

I closed my eyes quickly to relax myself. He hadn't told my daughter anything I wouldn't have so that was good. I let out a breath and unclenched my fists before I reopened my eyes.

"Are we good?" Jake asked, his voice slightly off.

"We are good Jake." Edward said from behind me.

"Yeah." I agreed. "Sorry I-"

"Almost freaked out on me like the day you heard me call your daughter Nessie." Jake chuckled.

I wrapped my arms around my waist as I remembered that day. I was a monster, I had hurt Seth who had jumped infront of Jacob to shield him. Looking up at my best guy friend I watched his face grow sad as he saw my pained expression

"I never meant to be like this to you Jake and I'm so sorry." I told him apologetically.

Turning on my heel I strode from Renesmee's new room to head back to my own. Once I was inside I closed the door and looked around. I wanted to crawl up under a rock and be to myself for just a few human minutes, or hours.