The best man has arrived

Laying in bed beside my two loves I watched my bedroom wall turn colors as the sun began its ascend in the morning sky. When the wall was a light purple shade I heard my father stir in the next room. I listened as he headed into the bathroom to get ready. Just as he turned on the water to take a shower I heard a seperate set of footprints heading downstairs. From the light steps I knew it was Sue.

Just as I had guessed I could hear her rummaging through the fridge before she started making breakfast. Sniffing the air a few minutes later I could taste bacon, eggs, toast and coffee. When my father had finished getting ready he went downstairs and sat at the table. I heard two chairs scoot out and then scoot in so I could tell Sue was having an early breakfast with my father.

I smiled as I laid in the bed. Sue was so good to my father. She loved him.

Spacing off a few moments later I began to think about Denali and the home we would be staying in. I was then reminded of the look Emmett had when Edward mentioned him having to stay on Rose's side fo the house. What was wrong with Rose's side of the house?

I laid in the bed thinking over every possible thing that could frighten a person but nothing seemed 'scary' enough to frighten Emmett. When the bedroom wall was a bright yellow I decided it would be a good idea to get up.

"So do you want to take the first shift of driving or the second?" Edward asked as he began straightening out the wrinkles in his shirt from lauing in bed the previous night.

I walked over to the mirror in my bedroom and fixed my appearance slightly before I grabbed my brush and pulled it through my hair a couple times.

"Ice and I-" I began before shaking my head. "I think I will need time to adjust to that new driving scene so I'll take the first shift through Canada and hand the wheel over to you once we get into the snowy terrain." I finished.

I turned around as I heard my daughters heart beat change from relaxed and patterned to a working pace. For a few moments her eyes fluttered then she sat up and looked around the room. When her eyes fell on her father she rubbed them as if she was seeing things. But when she realized he was really there she jumped to her feet and ran into his arms.

Edward lifted her into his arms and kissed her. "I missed you too angel." Edward murmered.  Renesmee looked at Edward silently for several long seconds. I knew that she was talking to him. "Yes today is the day we go to our new home." Edward said answering her thoughts.

Edward looked down at his time piece on his wrist. "Alice told me yesterday that if we want to miss that storm that is going to be passing through Fairbanks we need to head out now." He said as he set Renesmee to his feet.

I took Renesmee's hand into mine as I opened up my bedroom window. "I'll get her fastened up in her carseat." I said as I lifted her into my arms. In the next half a second I jumped through the window and watched as the ground grew closer every millisecond.

When my feet finally touched the ground I ran across the lawn to my truck. Setting Renesmee to her feet I took my keys from my pocket and unlocked it. The moment I opened the back door I heard Renesmee scream.

I turned around and automatically went into a defensive crouch only to see Jacob walking towards me with Renesmee on his shoulders.

"The best man has arrived." He said with a large white grin on his face.

Edward walked past Jacob and stuck the bag in the back before he wrapped his arm around me. "No one is getting married." Edward chuckled.

"You know what I mean." Jake replied smuggly as he sat Renesmee in her carseat. "So I guess I'll be riding up with you guys." he said as he slid in the back beside Renesmee.